Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib experiment success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib experiment success

Tried smoking in the pellet at 300+. Used my Trifecta Rub which has sugar but not to the extent of MMD. I cut the thinner St. Louis section off.

Freaking delicious!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180819_154445.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	551356Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180819_154529.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	551357

The membrane is also good. It is like a flat cracklin. I didn't season it at all.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooph!! That bark!!!

Dat looks great.

Comment

Nice color and they look delicious. How long was the cook?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I think about 3 hours.

Awesome ribs! How long did it take at the higher temp? Knowing how the Rendezvous cranks out great ribs out in 1-2 hours, I bet they were great.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I think 3, but I didn't take notes so I'd have to do it again to really find out.

Great job!

Comment

Looks marvelous!

Comment

They looked better than mine. Cool.

Comment

Woof!

Comment

You can go 375° dual zone. I've done it often. Then finish with sauce or glaze.

Can you do dual zone? I'm jot sure how this meachines work? Like gassers? Are you you all in with the pooper? Maybe reverse then?

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Pellet smokers are all in, but you don't need a dual zone, as its all indirect unless you remove the diffuser, much like a kamado.

Those look outstanding!

Comment

Jerod Broussard I've tried MMD and was great, but I'm always experimenting with my taste buds. Wanted to know if you're willing to share the recipe for your Trifecta Rub or is it available retail?
              The OmegaDog

Comment

Looks delicious!

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

Those look great! How was the smoke flavor?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here