Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 hr pork tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 hr pork tenderloin

I just received this recipe to my email inbox. Wrap a pork tenderloin in foil and smoke for 4 hours at 200. how the heck will it get smoke if wrapped in foil? 4 hrs seems way too long, even at 200. I am not a big fan of pork tenderloin, too lean. Wondering of anyone has done anything anywhere near this??

Want the most incredible Pork Tenderloin you have ever eaten? You might want to try this... You might think that smoking a tenderloin might make it dry

The recipe says just to place ON a piece of foil, for prepping the meat. It never says to wrap it. I think they are just using the foil as a prep surface.

200F is a low temp for a smoker, and it might actually take 4 hours to reach 145F. If you only take the tenderloin to 145F, it should be tender and juicy. I routinely cook pork loins (not tenderloins) to 145F, and they come out great.

Comment

I have enjoyed the last couple of pork tenderloins I've done. No wrapping by me. I've cook them indirectly on my Weber Kettle with the SnS. I've used cherry chunks and it's given them a great color and smoke flavor. I really haven't monitored the cooking temperature but I've cooked them to medium and it's taken about 1 1/2 hours.

Comment

Here's the next pork tenderloin recipe I am trying - my wife saw the video for this one on Facebook and emailed me the link:

Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Apples is juicy and tender with great flavor from sweet apple pie filling and all that crispy bacon!

It's a bacon wrapped APPLE PIE stuffed tenderloin.

Comment

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
          The recipe says just to place ON a piece of foil, for prepping the meat. It never says to wrap it. I think they are just using the foil as a prep surface.

200F is a low temp for a smoker, and it might actually take 4 hours to reach 145F. If you only take the tenderloin to 145F, it should be tender and juicy. I routinely cook pork loins (not tenderloins) to 145F, and they come out great.
          no...says wrap, just seems odd to me

"If you like to spice things up like we do, deseed a couple of jalapeños, cut them in half, and place them on top of the bacon. The flavor from the peppers will slowly seep into the meat as it cooks adding a new flavor dimension that the heat lovers will truly enjoy. Wrap it in the foil, place it in your smoker, and let the magic begin!"

Comment

Ok, I re-read the page and see where it does say to wrap. That may keep it moist, but it sure won’t get any smoke, and you might as well put it in the oven. And the bacon will be soggy. If I tried that recipe I would ignore their cooking instructions for sure. When I do a bacon wrapped pork loin I reverse sear it at the end of the cook, to help the bacon.

Comment

I cook my tenderloins at around 200 and they cook a lot faster than 4 hours. I just rub MMD (or whatever pork rub I have) on them and go. Usually around a couple of hours to 145 degrees. They come out great.

Comment

i always roll cut them, season them stuff them, roll back up, and the Wrap in bacon, prochutto, peparoni, excetra

Comment

Try putting them into the cooker frozen. I've done this and the exterior picks up great color with indirect cooking alone. Pull it when it hits 140-145 and it will be very tender and juicy especially if it was dry-brined.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here