Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kalua Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalua Pork

Potkettleblack recently posted about Kalua pork and it looked so good. Since we have our family members who live in Maui visiting here for a few week I wanted to give it a try too and get their opinions. It turned out to be a success.

I followed Harry Soo’s recipe at http://www.slapyodaddybbq.com/2015/0...pork-shoulder/ and smoked it with Mesquite pellets on the YS-640. 275 before wrap, and then 250 after wrap.Click image for larger version

Name:	EE063FC4-7F18-4D68-BC00-EEA8DF3C59FC.jpeg
Views:	329
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	547281 , Click image for larger version

Name:	0500BC3D-39C6-4AF6-AD1C-6D57AC331FFB.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	547282

Something throws me off a bit when I see this really neat assemblage of food & then I look at your avatar. You glance at the food, then at the avatar & back. I’ll get over it. Great lookin cook!

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      What? My salad eating grizzly? 🤔

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hear I thought it resembled Kailua pork eatin grizz.

Nice. I would love to try this. We have been going to Kauai for over 20 years and the only Kalua Pork I have had has been at the Luaus and the pork has been too salty and dry and not very good. I'd love to know more about your cook.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      I would really look at Harry Soo’s link above. His recipe hit all the right flavors, was not salty, and came out really moist. And it was easy to follow.

That does look good.

Comment

yum!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here