Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danish Back Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danish Back Ribs

I picked up a couple slabs of Danish Back Ribs from my butcher and I'm gonna prepare them as if they were baby backs. Anyone have any experience with these? They don't look too meaty, but I thought I'd experiment and see how they cook and taste.

I have never tried them before. Maybe Henrik might be able to chime in, he may have some experience with them.

Comment

What are they? Pics maybe?

Comment

Ahhh yes, from the famous Heritage Danish Modern Glazed Pig....ahh never heard of it

Comment

Decided it was worth a Google. Danish ribs are pork back ribs with 13 bones instead of 12. I've only seen them in Food Depot down here (cost plus 10%), never tried them. Give us the full report!

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Hah - a butcher's dozen!

Danish ribs typically have shiners and generally we would pass them ove in our selection. They usually have all 13 bones. Pics would be good. A lot of mislabeling/sales tactics is out there. They are baby backs with little meat left on the bone. Lots of places sell them as their ribs on the menu.

Just cook them as you would baby backs.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the edumucation

What others have said already, treat them like baby backs.

Comment

Sorta like havin an extra finger? What did the Danes do to deserve that calling?

Comment

Well, I cooked them like baby backs (4:15 @ 230º in an electric Smokin'-It smoker with cherry and mesquite) and they came out great. Baby backs have more meat on them, but for only three adults, this was just the right amount! Here's a shot of how they looked when they were done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Danish ribs.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	543569
              Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking good!

• gabulldog
                gabulldog commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd eat em!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here