Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've done bacon... I've done Burnt Ends. What's next for Pork Belly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done bacon... I've done Burnt Ends. What's next for Pork Belly?

Hiya folks,
    I have another batch of bacon curing in the fridge. Once again, I have a pile of belly left over. I used the best pieces for the bacon, of course. I have done Burnt Ends and loved them. I am considering using the left overs for Burnt Ends again but just throwing it out there... What else can I do with pork belly?

Thanks in advance!

Banh Mi Sandwich https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-bánh-mì

Comment

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

We have a restaurant here that confits pork belly then cubes it and sears it up and then makes pork tacos with it.

Sooooooooooooo Goooooooood!

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      They top the tacos with caramelized onions, salsa verde, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Another vote for tacos. Topped with Kim chi! Cuz it’s goooooood

I’m a big fan of Harry Soo’s pork belly pig candy;

Pig Candy

Comment

Pork belly BLTs or make some Pancetta.

Comment

Or siu yuk or char siu: https://www.evernote.com/l/AKKfRvDLT...jGGh6T1bjqpP9k
        https://www.evernote.com/l/AKLnct1HH...w3RRywXEcwVGyg
        https://www.evernote.com/l/AKI6hHCX9...KyFTElNWWFGNv0

Comment

pork belly mac n cheese. i had that at a restaurant once and it was amazing

Comment

Yup! What scottranda said!

Or you can slice it up, roll it into coils, brush it with maple syrup and dust with Sweetie Magic seasoning and smoke it. I love this so so much. It is a real special treat and one that I make when I am feeling blue, because it always makes me feel better.

Comment

Pork belly in 1" chunks, raw, makes good bait.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A day at the Office.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	540939

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
                Oakgrovebacon commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice catch! I have been using chicken liver, also catch hybrid striped bass on livers.

• JGo37
                JGo37 commented
                Editing a comment
                C-Liver is not stinky enough, or solid enough. Channels want to latch on to something more solid, like pork or shrimp. Just my 2-cents.

Make sausage!

Comment

Make shallow slits in the flesh in as best of a checker pattern as possible. Don't get down into the meat. Shoot for about 1/2-3/4" squares. Marinade is a sweet concoction overnight. Smoke to safe temp then throw under the broiler, scoured side up. The fat will pop and sizzle and start to grow, contort, and the squares you made will rise up a bit. Stay close so as not to char.

What you will end up with is delicious smoked belly with a gooey caramely fat cap that is delicious to pick at while you're carving the rest up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here