Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless Pork Half Loin (What do with it?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless Pork Half Loin (What do with it?)

Hey gang!
    One of my local grocery stores had this cut of meat on sale for such a good price, that I couldn't pass it up. It looks pretty lean but has a nice fat cap on it.

What should I do with it? Info and recipes are much appreciated!!!!!

Treat it like a bake potato. The more you pile on the better it gets.

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks 😊

Smoke it to 145* and slice thin for cold or hot pork sandwiches. Cure into Canadian Bacon. Slice into Boneless Pork Chops and Grill to 140*, or ----------------------------------endless possibilities.

Comment

• Xandera_7
      Xandera_7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I didn't think of Canadian Bacon! Great idea!

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Except I'd probably go to 135F - but you know how opinions are!

• nsbbqguy
      nsbbqguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep second the bacon. Or Butterfly it and stuff with all kinds of goodies. I like sausage, onion,bread crumbs. Goats cheese Any herbs that you like, Your favourite rub, wrap in bacon !! The possibility’s are endless with it

Brine or inject to keep it moist.

Comment

Slice it thin and make Schnitzel out of it!

Comment

Roll fillet it, sprinkle on some Cajun seasoning, and stuff it with jalapenos, jack cheese, boudan, and crawfish. Roll it back up, add more Cajun seasoning, and wrap in bacon. Smoke over hickory until almost done and then sear on a screaming hot grill, rolling it around to crisp the bacon. OR roll fillet it, sprinkle with greek seasoning (I like Cavenders). Wilt down about 4 cloves of garlic and somespinich in about a tablespoon of bacon grease. Stuff that and copious amounts of feta cheese in the lion and rool back up. Wrap in prochutto and smoke over hickory. No need to sear as the prochutto is so thin.

Comment

Buy a large pork belly (skin on). Then wrap the tenderloin in the belly and make a porchetta!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here