Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Rib Cook of the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Rib Cook of the Season

Thanks to 11 year old's baseball schedule and Chicago's rainy season (May to it isn't over yet) this is our first rib cook of the year. Costco cryovac 3-pack, 26" kettle with SnS, KBB, Memphis dust, and a choice of Sweet Baby Ray's or homemade KC sauce (third attempt at that--not sold on it yet for the effort).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0158.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	529031

Looking good!

Comment

Agreed, those look great so far! Keep us posted with more pics!

Comment

Oh yeah! Those tri-packs are great. Let us know how it turns out!

Comment

A great start.

Comment

Looks great, but I gotta say you have my sympathy man!. I remember those days of youth baseball too. It pretty much will consume all the spare time available. The "season" part is what really bums me out, however. I can't imagine having a barbq "season." My grill and smoker see heavy usage 12 months a year.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Yabbut "Texas Gulf Coast"! ;-)

Mid-cook and all looks good... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0159.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	529289

Comment

Just before saucing. Didn’t get pics after we cut them. Overall good, easy cool. 230-237 over 6 hours. The 3-pack was interesting. The middle rack in the pack was much smaller than the other two. The membrane was removed on two but not on the third. First time I’ve seen that much inconsistency in a 3-pack. Not a big deal in the final result, just an observation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	346F71E4-E1BD-4AB9-9B44-A32B19A15E96.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	529637

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here