Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuffed pork loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed pork loin

Hadn’t done one of these in a long time. This was a 5lb pork loin. This is a total low carb meal. I butterflied as best as I can...need more practice at that, then pounded it out a little. My stuffing was pork sausage, bacon, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and baby spinach. Pre cooked everything then let it cool before stuffing the loin.
    i had to improvise with the wooden skewers because I couldn’t find any bakers twine or string. Rubbed it inside and out with some of my pig rub threw it in the smoker and held it at 230 or so until the coolest part hit 145. This thing turned out great, wish it would have had a better bark but the taste was spot on.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	C5DD28CA-4E69-4D77-ACE4-3FD19AB8609E.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	510529
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9907640F-2B3B-4359-A304-564A8A02C15C.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	510530
    Attached Files

Looks an sounds delicious, brother!

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Looks very good!

Comment

Nice, HOT cook gets the bark there. 325-350-ish, especially with something lean like loin. Or reverse sear.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
            Dadof3Illinois commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought about that. I had 2 spare ribs and 2 chuck roast going so I threw it in with them. I was worried it would be dry going so slow but it was very moist. I did a spatchcock chicken on the 26, should have done them together.
            The rub I used didn’t have any sugar in it so I knew it wouldn’t get real dark anyway.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally agree.

Most excellent

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here