Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Loin Country Style Ribs Boneless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Loin Country Style Ribs Boneless

Click image for larger version

Name:	19E075E9-D57D-414F-98A0-D9329B374F64.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	505392Click image for larger version

Name:	904077B7-D7AE-407A-AF36-A7F36048372A.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	505395 Good morning all. Hope you’re doing well. I’m looking for advice on how to cook these. The plan is to cook on the Weber 22 kettle with SnS. This is only about a pound of meat. Is this something I would cook at 225 or would it be better at 325? Click image for larger version

Name:	6E56088C-6D22-4EC7-B0CA-572010966C11.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	505393
    Attached Files

My pic posting didn’t work out the way I planned. Sorry about that.

Comment

Low and slow bro. Those are cuts from the top of a pork shoulder. Treat them like you would pork butt.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a bit suspicious. Country ribs are generally from the shoulder, but these say "pork loin". Maybe at the intersection of the two?

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, with the bit of bone I saw, I'd say these are the standard shoulder "ribs". @Troutman's advice rules!

• Willard
        Willard commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok. So I have dry brined them with a half tsp salt, total. Less than an hour at this point. Each piece is about 2 1/2 oz or less. I presume these would do well MMD? Would you recommend prepping some other way? Thanks Troutman and EdF

The lighter meat looks like loin to me. The darker meat looks like shoulder. That's a tough call on how to cook. Loin should be hot and fast while shoulder gets low and slow. I defer to those with more experience.

Comment

Go 225

Comment

Low and slow plump and juicy

Comment

Well, I need no advice on how to pour a beer so I’ll do that (my chores are done) and maybe sits and thinks for a while! Click image for larger version

Name:	28F1B201-4E6B-4A47-8F8A-C490BC2EA6CC.jpeg
Views:	83
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	505435

Comment

All you need to know about both types of country style ribs, recipesand all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJZiVgw2HtU&t=196s

Enjoy!

Comment

• Willard
                Willard commented
                Editing a comment
                HorseDoctor that was perfect. Thanks. I can do something close to that.

• jecucolo
                jecucolo commented
                Editing a comment
                Good video!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here