Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday afternoon ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday afternoon ribs

Did some "Last Meal Ribs" on the Weber and SnS yesterday afternoon. Local grocery had BOGO on some St Louis cuts. Couldn’t pass them up. About 7 hrs with temps steady from 220-230, barely had to touch the vents (love the SnS!). My friends that are on the receiving end of a lot of my work brought me some bourbon soaked staves from Makers Mark. I put a slat through the chopsaw and tossed some pieces on the coals. Both received MMD and I added some Tennessee Hollerin’ sauce I made with some JD a few weeks ago to one of the racks at the end of the cook. These two racks were voted my best work yet!
    Attached Files

Looking good! Did you notice any special flavor from the whiskey soaked wood?

Comment

Well, they look fabulous! Amazing bark, and they seem super juicy, good job!

Comment

that's just awesome. I love my SnS...

Comment

Great cook.

Comment

I'd eat that!

Comment

Looks super delicious!
              I bought some of the Bourbon / Wine slats from Fruita last year. I haven't used it much. I bought it for steaks, I never thought for ribs. I must try it.

Comment

Those look positively good enough to eat. Nice job!

Comment

I was very happy with the results! I don’t think the bourbon soaked staves were too overwhelming. I tossed a small piece of apple on at the end, but don’t think it added or offset to the smoke flavor. Looking forward to the taste on some brisket or chucks!

Comment

Those look n sound like some killer ribs, brother!
                    Fine Job, Nicely Done!

Comment

Beautiful ribs!

Comment

Amazing ribs. Pun intended.

Comment

Fabulous

Comment

Mmmmmmmm looking great!

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here