Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Belly/Bacon With Parsley Sauce and New Potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Belly/Bacon With Parsley Sauce and New Potatoes

Okay, this is definitely not heathy... But it tastes soooo good. It is yet another Danish classic:

Bacon With Parsley Sauce and New Potatoes. The Parsley Sauce is creamy and fresh with tons of aroma and goes SOO well with the bacon. :-)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0546 (1).jpg
Views:	271
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	486078

Ingredients:

Pork belly
    Bacon
    Potatoes
    Flour
    Butter
    Cream (or milk)
    Fresh parsley
    Fresh lemon

Method

Start out by preheating your grill to 200 C (392 F) and set it up to indirect grilling.

It is always preferable to use a whole piece of pork belly and cut it out yourself. Today I was only able to get my hands on pre-sliced pork belly which consequently is cut into slicer a little thinner than I would prefer. Ideally the slices should be around 1 cm.

Today I used a combi of pork belly and a good, Danish, smoked bacon.

Remove the cartilage – if any – from the slices. Add a generous amount of fine salt to the pork belly (but not the smoked bacon).

Wash the potatoes and place them in a drip pan under the grill grates in the indirect zone with a bit of your favourite seasoning.

I use a bit of a "nerdy tool" brilliant for cooking pork belly and bacon. If you are so lucky to own one, place the meat in it

Name:	IMG_0541.jpg?etag=W%2F%2269deb-5a5543b1%22&sourceContentType=image%2Fjpeg&ignoreAspectRatio&resize=596%2B214&extract=0%2B0%2B594%2B214&quality=85.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	486079

Name:	IMG_0542.jpg?etag=W%2F%22b883d-5a554477%22&sourceContentType=image%2Fjpeg&ignoreAspectRatio&resize=594%2B338&extract=0%2B0%2B593%2B338&quality=85.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	486080

Place the meat over the drip pan to allow the fat to drip on to the potatoes. In my opinion the meat should not be grilled directly over the coals: the meat is extremely fatty and once the melted fat ignites on the coals, you will get an unpleasant taste.

Let the meat cook for about 45 - 55 minutes until crisp (but not dry). Halfway through see if you can "shake" the drip pan to avoid burning the potatoes.

You will end up with delicious meat and potatoes full of flavour!

Name:	IMG_0545.jpg?etag=W%2F%2212af18-5a5544f3%22&sourceContentType=image%2Fjpeg&ignoreAspectRatio&resize=593%2B445&extract=0%2B0%2B593%2B444&quality=85.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	486081

The sauce:

Start by melting 3 tbsp. of butter in a pan and add 3 tbsp. flower. At this point you need to have your cream ready. Be sure to stir the flower/butter mix constantly until the mixture is light brown. Then add the cream. As this is a thick sauce, you need to stir regularly. Once the sauce has boiled for a couple of minutes, add a squeeze of lemon and chopped parsley.

Add salt and pepper to your taste.

Enjoy!

Throw in a couple of fried eggs and I'm there !!!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I'll take some please!

Comment

Beautiful. Sounds great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here