Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweet Ghost Pepper Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Ghost Pepper Ribs

My Wife and I enjoy our food a bit on the Spicy side. Not Hot for the sake of being Hot, it needs to have good flavor too. This recipe is Sweet with a Spicy finish. We use Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Pepper) grown from our garden to make the Sauce and the Smoked Salt used for the dry brine.
    I used Back Loin Ribs for this Recipe, use whatever Ribs you prefer. I start by Dry brining the Ribs On both sides with Applewood Smoked Himalayan Sea Salt, With Garlic and Ghost Pepper. ( You could substitute Kosher Sea Salt, and granulated Garlic)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	F465C605-4BC2-4486-B2FD-6F79E515EF71.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	471418
    After Dry Brining I lightly Rub the Ribs with Olive oil on both sides and evenly distribute 1/2 Teaspoon Finely ground Dried Ghost Pepper on the meat side . ( I use an electric coffee grinder to grind my peppers)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59336.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	471419

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59337.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	471420

I cook between 225 and 275 for 3hrs and the Ribs will start to darken a bit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	64CFFB4F-B3B5-4129-BF55-8FFD445268A4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.30 MB ID:	471421

After the third hour I Baste the Ribs with Bourbon Cherry Ghost Pepper Sauce, every half hour for 2 hours, until they start to form a Bark. I baste four times then let the sauce set in the last hour, it will firm up and develop a candied Bark. My ribs usually take six hours to finish. Remove the Ribs when they are Probe Tender, and let them rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	478C808C-B54B-4A3D-9519-C48BD5386083.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.70 MB ID:	471422
    Click image for larger version  Name:	F58639C1-2835-4D2B-9985-CCC538EE1475.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.35 MB ID:	471424
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8112E9A1-8AE0-44F9-BFEC-EBC09CE35DAA.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	471423

We make our sauce with Ghost Peppers, Maraschino Cherries, Bourbon, and a few different sugars.
    Last edited by Pirate Scott; March 23, 2018, 06:10 PM.

Ya got my mouth waterin' Scott.

Comment

• Pirate Scott
      Pirate Scott commented
      Editing a comment
      They will make your Nose Run Too.

Oh baby. I’m wiping my nose already.
    Just love when that happens.
    Also got a dribble cup hooked under my jaw.
    Awsome job Scott.

Comment

Awww, they just might be just right for me. I love hot and spicy women.....I meant ribs.

Comment

best part, is the sauce is your own secret recipe!!! I'm in love! don't tell the missus

Comment

Looking good brother!

Comment

Looks wonderful Pirate Scott. I have lots of smoked salts, but always use them for finishing as opposed to dry brining. Do you notice a difference using that as a brine?

Comment

• Pirate Scott
              Pirate Scott commented
              Editing a comment
              jgreen Not Really it has some Garlic in it and Ghost peppers as well but I don’t think you could notice the Garlic with all the their Flavors.

Wonderful looking ribs Scott. Might be a little too spicy for me, I like heat but not snot running, lip burning eye watering spice.

Comment

• Pirate Scott
              Pirate Scott commented
              Editing a comment
              Not at all, it is just a little spice. Ghost Peppers have a great flavor.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here