Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 catch up cooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 catch up cooks

Things got crazy. Wife was pregnant with our 2nd and we had another baby boy 6 weeks ago. Job was crazy too. Lurked a lot, but didn't post. Here's some photos with descriptions.

At the lake house, my father in law bought a char griller acorn. I gotta say, I was super skeptical but for the price (199.99) it didn't do bad at all. Maiden voyage was successful. Temperature control was easy and little to no maintenance. I personally would think twice about getting a Komado Joe or BGE for this thing. I mean its like 1/10 of the price.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170715_191613.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.43 MB ID:	450000Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170819_105927.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.46 MB ID:	450001
    But I obviously prefer my wsm at home. I took it back to KY to the hometown and cooked some ribs for our fantasy football draft. They were a hit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171008_123139.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.30 MB ID:	450002 cooked a great brisket but came out a tad dry on the flat but point was excellent. I gotta start checking it earlier than 203. I think I'll start checking for tenderness at 190-195.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171112_113815.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.88 MB ID:	450003
    Smoked chicken wings using MMD at 275 on SNS. Held each one over the hot coals for 30s to crisp up the skin. Came out surprisingly well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171224_203422.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.77 MB ID:	450005 Christmas Prime grade Prime Rib... Started on WSM and finished on the kettle performer....

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20171224_210336.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.17 MB ID:	450004 ... Came out perfect... Except I Left it on the grill too long to sear before it got to 130. Next time I'll take it up to 125 instead of 115 on the WSM so I don't char the outside as bad. Was still A+ though.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180128_181655.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.37 MB ID:	450006 and finally I'm really starting to love the color of cherry wood on ribs. I like hickory taste better, so maybe I'll start mixing it together in the WSM or SNS.

Carry on! Happy super bowl Sunday!
    Last edited by HJS; February 4, 2018, 12:51 PM.

Absolutely fabulous!

Comment

Beautimous Job, there!

Comment

Thanks for the updates!

Comment

Great looking food! Glad you were able to keep cooking through the craziness!

Comment

Very nice brother. Sure looks like you know what you’re doing.
            I have to grab a paper towel now. To wipe the drool off of my phone.

Comment

Sounds like you had a lot going on. Cooking for me helps to relieve stress it's theraputic in a lot of ways.
              Food looks top shelf! Nice job. I put the BGE in the same category as Yeti coolers. They market a good but way overpriced item very well.

Comment

All looks Great, Congratulations to you and your Wife. Here’s to a busy New Year! 🥃

Comment

If I had to choose, I’d take one of the.......hmmmm........everything! Good pics!

Comment

A great job on all of these.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here