Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Loin

Fired up the Old Country today for some pork loin. Did a dry brine for 6 hours and used the Memphis Dust for the first time as a rub. The end result was some juicy and sweet slices of deliciousness.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6CD613ED-1F37-49AF-8E55-534D378753D8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	442956
    Click image for larger version  Name:	3E2BBCA8-E667-49ED-A22F-6007714CD78A.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	3.24 MB ID:	442957
    Click image for larger version  Name:	726693B4-9B6E-4077-A309-9C5CD80134A4.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.74 MB ID:	442954
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DA293A35-2BF5-4E23-AA13-5D99ED502A15.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.59 MB ID:	442955
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DoubleUpOrQuit; January 20, 2018, 08:29 PM.

Fabulous!

Comment

Tenderloin is a nice change of pace now and again. Yours looks delish!

Comment

Did you do a loin or a tenderloin?

Comment

• DoubleUpOrQuit
          DoubleUpOrQuit commented
          Editing a comment
          Good catch, yes it’s a Loin.

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          DoubleUpOrQuit , I thought it looked a little more like a loin. Tenderloin is one of my favorite things to grill and loin is one of my favorite to smoke. Looks delicious!

• DoubleUpOrQuit
          DoubleUpOrQuit commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!

DoubleUpOrQuit Nice Job!! I enjoy cooking Pork Loin too. A little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a nice herb rub. (I like Meathead's Simon & Garfunkel rub). Into the smoker with a very small amount of apple wood. Cook until 130 degrees f. Then reverse seared to brown. Serving temp is 140 degrees f.

Comment

Looks delicious!

Comment

Looks awesome...Pork Loin is one of my go to cooks...not a long cook and gives me a chance to try different techniques and flavors,,,

Comment

Pork loin, prepared properly, is one of the highest value-to-deliciousness meats out there. Nice work!

Comment

• gijsveltman
                gijsveltman commented
                Editing a comment
                It definitely is!!

• gabulldog
                gabulldog commented
                Editing a comment
                Right on, Huskee! I'll get a whole loin on sale, cut it into chops (usually between 20-24), and freeze them 4 per bag. When we need a quick meal, take out a bag in the morning, pour in the marinade of choice (oil based salad dressing works), and grill em up. With a box of rice and a bag of frozen veggies, it's dinner for 4 for under $5 total. Can't beat the pork loin when it comes to value!

I'm with Nate , grill a pork tenderloin and smoke a pork loin. Good eats either way.

Your pork loin looks soooo good, DoubleUpOrQuit

Kathryn

Comment

• DoubleUpOrQuit
                DoubleUpOrQuit commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I was pleased with the results.

Amittedly I am NOT a fan of pork loin. I cook it one of two ways. First I roll butterfly it, then either stuff it with boudan, crawfish, jalepenos, and monterrey jack cheese (after dry brining it in creole seasoning). Wrap it in bacon and smoke it. Pull it and then rolle it around over GIVE HER ALL SHES GOT SCOTTY to crisp the bacon, or.... Roll cut it, dry brine it with greek seasoning, stuff it with spinach feta and garlic then wrap in prochutto and follow the same procedure. Going to try a cream cheese, motzarella (full fat) and jalapeno stuffing soon, and wrap in peparoni cut long wise on my deli slicer soon.

Comment

• DoubleUpOrQuit
                DoubleUpOrQuit commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmm....I could really get behind stuffing one with jalapeños and Monterey Jack cheese.

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                try my recipes above. I PROMISE you wont be disappointed. most people actually like the greek one better, Itend to be heavy handed on the peppers.

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Gosh, your posts make me hungry, texastweeter. All three of these options for pork loin sound delicious.

Kathryn

Pork loin is solidly in the rotation of cooks at my house. Even those who aren't all that crazy about smoked meat (which means they are just plain crazy) still like smoked loin. It's kind of a blank slate and there are a lot of ways to go, as far as how you want to flavor it up. Nice work!

Comment

I make a Stuffed Cuban Pork Loin using this Cooking Light recipe. The recipe is for tenderloin which I sometimes do, depending on which cut of pork I have on hand. As I said earlier, I'll grill the tenderloin, but I smoke the loin.

Cooking Light's Stuffed Cuban Pork Tenderloin

Kathryn

Comment

Since you’re getting all the accolades here there’s not much left to be said & you did not achieve perfection ya know. You used a little to much aluminum foil it looks like, under the grill. Keep up the fun & good cookin! 🤠

Comment

• DoubleUpOrQuit
                    DoubleUpOrQuit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ha!, Funny you say that FireMan Normally don’t use any, but that was the amount left on the roll and I was feeling lazy. It saved me a little cleanup time. Busted!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here