Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Rack Pork Loin, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Rack Pork Loin, suggestions?

Just successfully completed the photo posting phase of my intro "classroom" so going forth, I bought 2 of these beauties this week, with visions of great smokes and grillings chasing through my fancy. I'm thinking of doing a slow smoke on one as a whole roast and cutting the other into chops (rather thick) and doing perhaps a reverse sear on my Weber which is adequately equipped now with the SnS, the D & G, Grill Grates (both sear and whole grate cover) and of course the MiniWSM.

Haven't seen too much information on treating these as Tomahawk Pork Chops and of course the Roast. Looking for suggestions. Over the years, I've evolved into the TBS (thin blue smoke) school, so heavy smokes are out.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	French Rack Pork Loin.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	420051

I really like cooking the pork roast as it is. I think it turns out great. Low n slow until almost done, then sear it. Let it rest, then slice into chops and serve. This cut takes well to injecting just in case you want to introduce more/other flavors. Pork goes well with citrus flavors.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here