Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Ribs: Weber Kettle w/ Slow n' Sear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Ribs: Weber Kettle w/ Slow n' Sear

Rib Positioning: If one isn't cooking a bunch of ribs do folks put them on the bottom rack so further from the direct heat? If one is cooking multiple racks how do you position them and do you rotate them on a regular interval ?

I've done 3 racks on a 22" kettle with sns using a rib rack. Did not rotate them and was happy with the results.

Comment

I have only cooked one rack at a time and I usually put it on the top rack...the joy of living alone...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        <clink.>

Put the rack on the top grate, bones pointing down. Cut the rack in half if you want to, I do it sometimes to make it fit better. Rotate them once, if you think they need it, your judgement is actually pretty useful, valuable, and important. Rotating won’t hurt them, after all.

Comment

One thing you can do to save a ton of space is bend each full rack into a circle (meat side out) and secure the ends together with whatever kind of skewers you have available. Maybe flip once and rotate their positions on the grate to ensure even cooking. Top grate is all you need for this.
        Last edited by Steve R.; December 3, 2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Bruce54
          Bruce54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Done that, works great.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks cool too !!

Agree with Steve R. 🙄

Comment

One or two racks on the top grate is fine but rotate front to back for even cooking. If you have a 3 or more rib cook and own a rib rack, still rotate. If not, skewer as Steve R.

Comment

I’ve done 3 racks layered on a 22”. I rotated them 3 times or so and they turned out great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here