Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Butt

Put on 4 Pork Butt's last night about 8:30 - just about 45 lbs - low and slow for 11 hours - it was 32 degrees when I put them on

Sorry only a picture of two after they came out - 19 lbs finished, is that much weight loss normal

Not that it matters, pulled them and they taste great

Attached Files

Sounds normal. Looks good.

Comment

Sweet Deal! Those butts look fantastic!!!!
      I typically find about ~50%~ weight loss, when I'm smokin' down/renderin' a hunk of meat, into edible bbq...

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep!

Awesome. Those meteors looks incredible. Great job my brother.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        What did you cook them on?? And at what temp??
        Just asking cause 11hrs for that size butt, butts, is really fast to get that beautiful bark. Unless you cooked at a higher temp. Just my thoughts.

They look great.

Comment

I run about 50% on butts and 42-43% on brisket.

Comment

Very nice looking cook!

Comment

Looks delicious....

Comment

11hours is awesome! Looks great too.

Comment

Looking good. That sounds about right for the water loss and fat rendering off.

Comment

I've never weighed the finished product, so no idea about that. I'd say the glass is half full and they turned out great!

Comment

I tend to get 33-35 % yield with straight smoking on the BGE, and a bit over 50% when doing SVQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here