Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLC Ribs for first cook on new Woodwind Pellet Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLC Ribs for first cook on new Woodwind Pellet Grill

I used 4 Tbls of Memphis Dust plus salt for two racks of ribs. The grill was preheated to 225 and turned to Hi Smoke when the ribs went on. It was a blustery 60 degree day and the grill was going from 210 to 230. I decided not to wrap ribs so went 5.5 hours and then applied a single coat of Head Country BBQ sauce and went 30 more minutes. Ribs, slaw and corn on the cob for two days. Hard to beat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0665.JPG Views:	1 Size:	86.1 KB ID:	395965Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0676.JPG Views:	1 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	395966Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0678.JPG Views:	1 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	395967
    The grill in the driveway ribs plus mid cook snack on the grill, ribs and corn on the grill

finished ribs with good smoke color.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0680.JPG Views:	1 Size:	86.6 KB ID:	395968

Been 2long since I had ribs. Had smoked boudin today so can't complain.

WAY TO GO!!

Comment

Nailed it! How was the corn? I might have to try your method!

Comment

• ProfessorJohn
        ProfessorJohn commented
        Editing a comment
        The corn was just undercooked and went in the microwave for 2 minutes. The heat did make it very easy to remove the husk & silk.

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it! Thanks.

Lookin' good.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Nice looking ribs! I just got my Woodwind a couple weeks back and it’s been fun.

Went to pick it up across the Border (Canadian) and was so excited I had to cook some ribs. Night before I dry brined the slabs and set them in the fridge. Made up a batch of the Memphis Dust and went to sleep with a smile.

Next morning at 6AM I left home to pick up the grill....all the time thinking about what it was going to be like using a pellet grill.

Got home and ripped (well carefully opened but for effect...) open the boxes like it was Christmas....assembly was easy and set about curing the grill...apprehension filled my mind as I didn’t know how long it took to light and wondered if it even would.

Rubbed the ribs while I waited for cure and cool down. Put them on by 10AM. Smoke was billowing out and my eyes sting from the acrid haze. Tears came to my eyes. Set the probes into the meat and closed the lid.

Beer.....beer...etc

When the ribs were at temperature....7 hrs later...I was very happy. I brushed on some Caveman sauce (local stuff) and set them on the sear box for a minute or so each side (constantly turning them).

The ribs came out so nice. Flavour was amazing and there were bits on the rib edges that tasted like candy. Family loved them...and so did some friends that night at a Halloween party....

New obsession started....

Attached Files

Comment

• kmhfive
            kmhfive commented
            Editing a comment
            Wonderful! Looks great.

• ProfessorJohn
            ProfessorJohn commented
            Editing a comment
            Great looking ribs Lortmil. The next thing I want to do this weekend is a reverse sear steak. I did not do the sear box because I have a high wattage portable induction cooktop that I can put on the shelf and use the same outlet as the Woodwind to sear whatever I need but can also use other than with the Woodwind.

Great looking ribs for the both of you! I am cooking some ribs for my MIL’s birthday on Saturday. Seeing these pictures makes me want to do it now!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here