Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BW Smoker.. Best rack to put ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW Smoker.. Best rack to put ribs?

I have a BW Smoker in the Party size. What have been the your experience in selecting the best place to smoke just 2 racks of ribs? top rack,middle rack or over the water pan? thanks

Joebuck, Sorry, No Help Here❗️ I am Unfamiliar with Your Smoker! I'm sure someone will be along directly to Help You‼️ I don't recall if I Welcomed You to "The Pit"❓ You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.❗️
    Attendance and Participation are Mandarory ❗️
    Enjoy "The Pit"❗️
    Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome Joebuck

Comment

Thanks Dan! i know that is lame first post from me......but awesome site....thanks for the welcome

Comment

I can't help Joe, but welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning. Great smoker, but I’ve got no experience. My guess is that the chamber has pretty even cooking temperatures and humidity. You may just find that it doesn’t matter which rack. When I cook ribs, I just go until they are done. I’ve varied the temperatures in my grill from 225 to 280 depending on who’s eating them and when. They all tasted great!

Comment

I have the Chubby G2 with only 4 shelves. I haven't run it that many times yet. However, I did do a heat test against the dial thermometer on the door. This was without water in the pan. I found the top rack to be the hottest followed by the 2nd rack. The two lower racks closest to the water pan were the closest to the temp on the door. As a result, I normally use the 3rd level (from the top) for my cooks. That would be for a full packer, two butts, fatties, etc. However, when doing chicken with skin on it, I would use the highest level rack. Cooking time is as expected but I also got pretty nice crisp skin.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chubby.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	394694

Comment

Example of pork butts on Chubby G2 using 3rd level from top. For ribs, I use the same level, 3 racks of ribs at a time on one shelf.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pork Butt 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	394704
                  Last edited by jlazar; October 13, 2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Are you kidding me? This looks great brother.

• jlazar
                    jlazar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here