Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your National Pulled Pork Day cooks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your National Pulled Pork Day cooks!

As some of you may know, today is National Pulled Pork Day in the US of A!! I chose to cook two Costco pork shoulders last night, to serve today for my co-workers. They are always down for a mid-day feast. Is there anyone else serving up some pulled pork today in honor of this great National Holiday?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Chemsol Cook:Pulled Pork.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	394027

I did not know. I'm a bad man ​
    great looking pull John.

Comment

Spinaker, John, Looks Like "Jerked Bear" Too Me❓❓ 👍👍👍 🤗😇🤗 👍👍👍 🍻🍻🙃🍻🍻
      Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Wouldn't that be special. BTW, I just booked my next trip up there for next September.

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent, One of my Youthful Dreams Was a Piper Super Cub & Fly it from the Lower 48 to Alaska & have a Good Look arround Sell the Super Cub and Buy a Qt of Whiskey and an Airline Ticket Home❓ All Went to Hell after I bought Eunice❓
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• phrogpilot73
        phrogpilot73 commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny, a former squadornmate's parents flew a Piper Cub from Georgia to Alaska and back...

Seems silly to have it in middle of work week...... I'll put in on my calender for next year...... when is national brisket day?

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Well it does, eventually, get to the weekend.........just a bummer when it is in the middle of the week. But I don't let that stop me.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        And National Brisket day is May 28th!

• vwskirch
        vwskirch commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

Does it count if I dry brine tonight for Saturday's load of about 60 lbs?

Comment

I’m with Powersmoke_80 . No time this week, but it’s happening over the weekend!

Comment

I'm always a day late and a dollar short!

Comment

wow did not know that ways today but cool you did this look's good... .I missed out on this special day but weekend is coming up got pulled chuck roast on my mind

Comment

• kmhfive
              kmhfive commented
              Editing a comment
              Great choice!

Spinaker I hope you're not gonna pull that little piggy in your avatar. At least not yet.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, by now, that guy has almost certainly been returned to the earth.

I had Gumbo, crawfish salad and blackened fish with beignets and such.

Comment

Good looking pulled pork!

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!

I'm at work in friggin' NYC - no BBQ today.

Comment

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                EdF how long are you in that rat hole for. I'm only 25min outside of the sewer.
                If you're around for the weekend PM me and hopefully we could meet up. Would be pretty cool.

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm back home now. But I don't think it's going to happen this weekend - honey dew list and all that. Maybe we do a rain check before the weather gets too crazy?

I notice we share a common perspective about that place. I don't know what the hell I was thinking relocating to work there. Oh, the promise of power!

Guess I forgot what The Who sang so many years ago: "We don't get fooled again"!
                Last edited by EdF; October 13, 2017, 01:41 PM.

We need some kind of early warning for these major holidays!

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that's the kind of advanced warning the guys at work give me - so far in advance you forget by the time it matters!

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly. In my profession things change hourly for things that are going to happen tomorrow, or next week, or next month or even next year.
                Maybe we could add a calendar of events tab. Spinaker EdF

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                That is a great idea! I will see about getting that set up! HawkerXP

Well, now I find out about Pulled Pork Day. I made sausage pizza for supper and in the back of my mind I was thinking about some "smoky" pulled pork on that pizza instead. I made the smoky pulled pork last week and froze it. I feel like a failure. ----------BTW Spinaker your pork looks wonderful!

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                You see, you had the idea in your sub conscious the whole time. Next time you need to act on it. Thanks for the kind words Skip!

July 4th is National Spareribs day. 'Murica!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here