Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a bacon inspired dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for a bacon inspired dinner

Alrighty. Being that I just made 10lbs of bacon. I have an abundance of bacon slices at my disposal.
    I want to make a dish or two or three utilizing obviously BACON. I want to do this meal this Sunday. It can be anything from appy's to a main dish or even desert.
    It's gonna be for just my wife and I. But I have no problems having leftovers. (I know Erik that's not in your vocabulary. Hahahaha. Just busting brother.)

We generally eat, because of my wife, chicken,beef, or shrimp and scallops and pizza. But so far I have failed miserably in my attempts at homemade pizza. So I don't want to try that this time. I will revisit this in the future though.

I am looking for any and all suggestions for something maybe a bit different but not too far off the track.

Oh BTW my wife is not a bacon lover. She likes it but can take it or leave it.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
    Thanks my brothers and sisters.

Blt.

Comment

Bacon wrapped in bacon with bacon bits sprinkled on em. Then lay them in a bed of bacon, enjoy!

Comment

Agree! BLT!!! ❤️❤️❤️😁

Comment

Bacon weave wrapped Italian meatloaf. Sooooo gooooood.

Comment

Meatloaf with a nice roof of bacon. Should please all.

Comment

I'm with FireMan lord help me! How ever May I please ask if Bacon center of the plate? Hard to tell with your wife's palate.

Comment

Any slab left? If so Bacon bunt ends. If not bacon stuffed baked potato. Or a bacon mac and cheese stuffed fatty with a weave. Candid bacon and ice cream dessert.

just thought of it. I worked on bacon stuffed butterflied shrimp for Memphis in May that we didn't use.

Not a great pic but it's what I got

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9446.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	384005
                Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 22, 2017, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love stuffed shrimp. What else is in the stuffing??

As a side, or entree, may I suggest Pasta Alfredo, with bacon?
                Never ferget utilizin' bacon jam/jelly, mebbe with some peppers in it (sweet to HOT, accordin' to LW taste), on some deliciously browned bread, (or biscuits with real butter...
                Or even a PBBJ
                Damn, they's gooder than $#¡+!!!!
                Hail', go ahead on, an' slice some 'nanners on it, too!!!
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 22, 2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Bkhuna
                  Bkhuna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Every made a grilled PBJ sandwich. To die for. Just watch out for molten peanut butter. Does not work well with the roof of you mouth.

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bkhuna

Yup, loves me some grilled PBJ's!

I also make grilled PB with chocolate chips, tastes like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!!!

I often do em in butter in a CI skillet, or plancha, indoors...
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 10, 2021, 10:07 AM.

Bacon bomb, bacon wrapped poppers, stuffed tomatoes with bacon and cheese, smoked scalloped potatoes with bacon, bacon wrapped asparagus spears,grilled romain with crumbled bacon and blu cheese.

Comment

I lay boneless turkey breast '69' and wrap in bacon before trussing and smoking, when there isn't enough skin to cover it all. Makes a nice turkey chub for lunch meat.

Bacon wrapped peppers, or maybe bacon stuffed peppers? Bacon, Mac and cheese. Pot some in a pot of beans. Potato salad w bacon.

I think the real question should be, "What can I not use it with? ".

Comment

• tmaan235
                    tmaan235 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You guys have missed it all....
                    Bacon wrapped BACON!! on the grill
                    Yup, I said dat!

Bacon wrap chicken breast stuff with chop jalapeño and cheddar cheese sprinkle with your favorite rub.

Comment

Pasta carbonara. Awesome bacon dish.

Comment

Tocino (altho Sunday may be a bit too soon): http://www.foxyfolksy.com/tocino-rec...et-cured-pork/

Bacon (or just straight pork belly) gone to heaven. I did not do the room temp thing, nor did I fondle the mixture for hours as recommended, but, OMG, to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dump it all in a ZipLoc, fondle 'til well mixed and toss in the fridge until cooking time. Bacon candy with adult tastes--I think the kiddos would be just as fond.

Comment

• holehogg
                      holehogg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This looks so good. I have about 5 hrs to cook time. Can't figure whether you let it marinade for a few hours or overnight / longer per recipe.
                      Guess won't have an answer by cook time. Let you know if I fo make it today.

I would make a variation of the new Banh Mi Sandwiches, it is pork belly after all. It might be worth a try?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here