Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crisis Averted with ribs and wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crisis Averted with ribs and wings

Crisis averted!

I fired up the pellet smoker at 275 degrees for some saturday ribs and wings for college football.

I used Salt Licks rub recipe (7.5 oz morton salt, 3 oz black pepper, 1.5 oz cayenne pepper) for the ribs, and used stubbs bottled chicken marinade for the wings.

About an hour and a half in I went out to check and notice my smoker was acting funny. I opened up the hopper and there were no more pellets! Very dumb of me, but I don't know why I didn't check the hopper, and I didn't have extra pellets so I had two options:

1. start the gas grill up and finish them off

2. fire up my hasty bake.

I went with option 2.

The hasty bake is a rib machine. Produces high temp ribs (like I like them) better than just about anything. Luckily I had some charcoal.

Finished the wings off with franks and melted butter for one half, and tabasco wing sauce for the other. No sauce needed for the back ribs.
    Attached Files

Looks marvelous! Your helper didn't alert you to the problem with the cooker?

Comment

Very nice recovery! Also, I love how dogs love to hang around the smoker. Mine will paw at the door when I go back inside for a minute, and then turn around and go to her spot by the grill/smoker/whatever when I come back out.

Comment

It's obvious what is on your 'to-do' list this week!!

Comment

Lesson learned, we are only as good as our fuel. No fuel, no live fire! No live fire, life ceases to exist.

Comment

Nice save!

Comment

Great looking dog (and food). Our dog loves it when I grill as I "accidently" drop some food every now and then. Of course, he is constantly sniffing around the grills as well.

Comment

asdkfj;dkljfaj... sorry...adskjf;asjfa;s....keyboard acts funny...dakf;lkadf;ja;...every time... I get a puddle of drool on it...

Comment

One proud doggo!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here