Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Pork tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Pork tenderloin

Sorry folks I forgot to take pictures....hell almost forgot to season it since I was in a rush on Sunday. Already vacuum sealed from the store tenderloin in sous vide for about 2 hours at 135. Then put on a hot grill with hickory and mesquite. Like I said almost forgot seasoning and seasoned on the spot. Really turned out well and was very convenient for everyday cooking. Anyone on here done much with pork tenderloin and sous vide? I am new to it so still learning for sure.

Love pork tenderloin... one of my favorites, easy to cook, versatile, tasty, etc... but I don't SV.

Comment

I have done several Tenderloins on a hot grill with success and been playing with SV on other cuts but never SV on a pork tenderloin (yet)! I'm curious if you will get some answers here on The Pit.

Comment

Very easy SV and comes out great. Moist. Short SV due to format and lack of connective material.

Comment

Pretty sure I've done it. Easy, quick, delicious.

Comment

I did two of them a couple months ago for my family using same time and temp as you and they raved about it. I enjoyed the ease and simplicity of it.

Comment

I do pork tenderloin in SV all the time, it's great to have for leftovers for when I go home for a quick lunch. I SV it at 140f for 2 hours with lots of pepper, salt, a little cayenne, then a quick sear in butter. Simple yet great. It's also great in thin slices and in a sandwhich!

Comment

I know some are like why SV because it does not take that long to cook anyway. For me it was just nice to get that perfect medium in the middle...really juicy. I agree I could have done more salt. Great idea on the sandwiches. Oh how I miss the days of going home for lunch

Comment

• gijsveltman
                  gijsveltman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That medium in the middle is something else... down here in El Salvador most people consider it extremely taboo and dangerous to eat pork that is anything else than extremely overcooked. But slowly that perception will change as people realize it's safe, and delicious!

• BriggsBBQ
                  BriggsBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I lied to my wife and said it was the smoke that made it a little pink LOL.

• gijsveltman
                  gijsveltman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You gotta do what you gotta do!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here