Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First pork tenderloin cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pork tenderloin cook

The other day I picked up a 2 lb pork tenderloin. I did some digging around and found a Kamado Joe video where he did a Peach and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin. It sounded really good, so I decided to give it a shot. Here's the video with the recipe I made. Kamado Joe Peach & Rosemary Pork Tenderloin

Unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture before I cut it. But here it is cut and ready to eat.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170823_192525846.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	368092

This was really good. A little sweet, a very little bit of spice. I will be doing this again.

Since I'm still trying to learn how to control my kamado, I was wrestling with the temperature a little. I've only had it a couple of days, but I feel I'm learning fairly quickly. I did some reading and knew that I had to keep a good eye on this cut, but I was still shocked at how quickly this came up to temperature. I looked at the thermometer and it was 130, it seemed like just a couple of minutes later it was 150.

It turned out pretty good, but I did very slightly over cook it. I had 1 slice that was a little dry.
    Last edited by GregS; August 24, 2017, 05:22 AM. Reason: fixing the pic

Pics didn't seem to work for me, but I do enjoy pork tenderloin. I agree on the pretty fast cook.

Comment

• GregS
      GregS commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I fixed the pic problem.

• jgreen
      jgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang that does look good! Nice cook.

I did a couple the other night... love a pork tenderloin. I feel it is one of those cuts of meat that doesn't get the respect and attention it deserves.

Comment

Smoked pork tenderloin is delicious especially with a little sweet sauce added to it after it has been sliced.

Comment

• GregS
        GregS commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, the wife and daughter complain when I put smoke in it. So the only smoke it gets is from the charcoal.

season it with Cajun seasoningand stuff it with crawfish, boudan, jalapenos, and jackceese,then wrap it in bacpn, or season it with greek seasoning, and stuff it with garlic, feta, and spinach with a prochutto wrap.

Comment

Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts of meat. It's tasty, it is easy to cook, and it takes on spice rubs or marinades really well.

I've never considered smoking one, though - since there is no connective tissue or fat to speak of, seems like it lends itself to a hot, fast cook rather than a low, slow cook.

Comment

• GregS
          GregS commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't smoke it. I seared it over direct heat, then it went to indirect heat at about 450-500.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here