Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coppa=Collar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coppa=Collar

Does anyone know if the Coppa is the same cut as the collar? My butcher had never heard of the cut pork collar, but he said it sounds like what they call the Coppa.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0472.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	364696

Think you got it Boss: http://curedmeats.blogspot.com/2007/...rvest-one.html

You do want to cure it!

Comment

Ahhh, thank you!

Comment

This is one of the great things about the Pit! I learn something new every day! How are you going to prepare that hunk of meat?

Comment

• Just like a butt, I am thinking it will take about five hours. I know SNF sells a pork collar so I was talking with butcher to get that same cut. All of their meat is heritage pork and grass fed beef from mostly angus.

Comment

• kmhfive
            kmhfive commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like a good plan!

My butcher also has a lot of lamb cuts that I really need to try. I don't really see too much about lamb on the posts here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here