Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st stage of the porkapooloza begins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st stage of the porkapooloza begins....

just kicked off the smoke vault for the beginning stage of our porkapooloza. First round is 3-8lb shoulders and an all night cook. Then wrapped and finished in the oven.
    Followed later by a 12lb slab of pork belly on the Weber wither the SnS then 5 racks of ribs and 6lbs of sausage back in the vault.
    Attached Files

Glad to report everything went great. Pork butts were all about the same size, within a 1/2 lb of each other but one took about 4 hours longer to cook. You gotta love the unpredictability of pork!! Ribs came out awesome, just wish I would learn my lesson and only buy St. Louis style. The BB's were great but always seem a little too fatty unlike St. Louis style.
    The 6 lbs of rope sausage was the hit of the cookout. Only had maybe 1/4lb left and the kids finished it off before bed.
    i didn't cook the pork belly, we had a few people decide not to come. So that is getting cook today.
    This was all cooked in my smoke vault and on my Weber 26" with a SnS.
    All in all this was a great cook and a lot of it is due to the knowledge I've learned from this site over the last couple years.

Heres a few picks of the leftovers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0602.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	361936Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0603.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	361937Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0604.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	361938

Comment

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the belly cook!

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
        Dadof3Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        I just started that post and so far it's going great.

Beautiful!

Comment

Oink! Oink, oink!!!
        Beautimous cook, there, Boudreaux!!!

Comment

That all looks great.

Comment

Love that "other" white meat! oink

Comment

Sweeeeeet brother. Looking forward to seeing the belly cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here