Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin Turned Out Pretty Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin Turned Out Pretty Good

Click image for larger version  Name:	One[2].jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	342749Click image for larger version  Name:	Two[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.47 MB ID:	342750Click image for larger version  Name:	Three[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.46 MB ID:	342751

I have used a mash-up of two Weber recipes for pork tenderloin. For some reason, I bought a pork loin instead of a tenderloin this time.

I used a brine (1 qt. cold water, 1/4 c. table salt, 1/2 c. sugar). Trimmed the silver skin off the loin, and put it in a 1/2 gallon bag with the brine. Let it sit in the refrigerator for about 3 hours. Rinsed it in cold water, and used paper towels to dry it. I use a Southwestern style rub (some chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper - amounts available on request).

Usually we wrap the pork with bacon or pancetta, but my wife had seen a Facebook item where they weaved it. Full disclosure: I'd always wanted to try a bacon weave, but figured she'd veto it on health grounds. She's a constant surprise over the last 40+ years.

I used a gas grill with a foil pack of mesquite and hickory chips (this was definitely about using up some odds and ends). Aimed for a temp (by Weber thermometer) of about 350-400. Used indirect medium-ish (my grill is 14 years old, so cut us some slack) ; ).

Anyway, I checked the temp after about 45 minutes and it was at 165 - more than enough, and enough to make me worry about drying out. Not to worry, the brine did its magic.

Tented it with foil, served it with pico de gallo and my wife's famous cole slaw (check Better Homes and Gardens cookbook for some recipes).

Mighty fine. Very moist and very tender, even the end pieces.

Pictures attached.
    Save
    Save

Very nice!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

That looks highly edible.

Comment

Very nice looking - and I assume tasting!

Comment

Looks delish, and I see what what appears to be a lot of butter for the corn (I love butter on corn and bread).

Comment

Bacon always makes things better! Nice cook.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here