Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The smoker is loaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The smoker is loaded

Smoker is loaded with 4 large boneless butts & 5 boneless chucks for pulled pork & beef, will have photos later. The meat is done with no rub, but dry brine overnight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0484.jpg Views:	1 Size:	926.2 KB ID:	340824

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0485.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1,015.0 KB ID:	340825
    About 2hrs. into the cook.

After about 4&1/2hrs. Will have to wrap the chucks soon they are pretty thin.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0486.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	340883

Name:	DSCF0487.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	340884
    Last edited by Darchie03; July 1, 2017, 02:20 PM. Reason: Add Photos

Darchie03 Did opening the firebox door solved the white smoke issue?

Comment

• Darchie03
      Darchie03 commented
      Editing a comment
      DWCowles, Yes it did but I can't leave it open or the temp goes way up. I seem to be able to control it with the dampers They have very large openings. This is an off set vertical smoker.
      Thanks, Dave
      Last edited by Darchie03; July 1, 2017, 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Can't wait for pictures! Enjoy great food!

Comment

I'm coming right over, Darchie03 , right after I drop in to DWCowles ' party.

Kathryn

Comment

• Darchie03
        Darchie03 commented
        Editing a comment
        fzxdoc, Kathryn you would be welcome but I got a late start so it won't be ready before midnight, So it's a good thing you have another stop first. (if I can stay up I'm getting to old for late night events)

Lookin' forward to the photos.

Comment

Lookin' Great, Darchie03 !!!

Comment

Woah! Hope you got enough for everyone... ...

Comment

Your gonna need some beer!

Comment

Nice looking cook.

Comment

I love seeing a cabinet full of meat being smoked, looks awesome!

Comment

You give the word loaded it's due!

Comment

RonB, fzxdoc, kmhfive, @Mr Bones MBMorgan, HouseHomey, Pirate Scott, Henrik, FireMan, more photos.

3 of the 5 chucks just before pulling.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0490.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.03 MB ID:	341387

All chuck pulled in A 10qt. stainless bowl.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0492.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	341388

2 of 4 boneless butts just before pulling.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF0495.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	341389

Name:	uc.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	341390 Pulled pork lost most of the bark due to soot, seams to taste ok after removing the outer layer with the soot. I had plenty of butts so there is more than enough left. Chuck did not seem to have soot, guess I was not watching the fire close enough after removing the chucks. Not 1 of my better cooks for pork butts. But I’m still learning.
                    Don’t think I will do so much pulled meat at 1 time again My hands are really cramped from using the bear claws for so long.
                    Dave

Comment

I think you did great! I've tried doing multiple different meats at the same time and found that at least one suffers a little. Glad you could get at the quality pork below! Enjoy good food and company!

Comment

My friend, that's is some GREAT WORK right there. I was recently told that "we are ate own worst critics." My hats off to you buddy!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here