Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Timer - Rotisserie Pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Timer - Rotisserie Pig

Hey Guys,
    I spent Saturday tackling my first rotisserie. We had a 45lb dressed pig, that we cooked for about 6 hours.

Notes:
    I injected it 30 mins prior with an apple juice brine from the Meathead Gospel
    I rubbed it with Meatdust on the inside and salted the outside
    I mopped it 2 hours to serving time every 30 minutes with East Carolina Mop
    We got some decent cracklin' but it was predominantly burnt looking.
    Cooked at 200 - 250 degrees, I think we hit the stall about 3 hours in when the ribs hit 150, as everything stabilized a only crept up to 160 after another 3 hours of cooking.

The big was delicious and served with 6 sauces, mostly from the gospel:
    Alabama White
    Carolina Gold
    KC
    Kentucky Black
    Lexington Dip
    Husk BBQ Sauce

The winner was Lexington. KC was pretty standard for all of the canucks here, but a lot of people hadn't really tried vinegar forward sauces.

Will be researching on the forums about the stall, but any links, advice or general kudo/critiques would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170624_113646.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	338338
    Above is the fire pit. We had created a set of sheet metal blockers to trap the heat, but they were too good at their job and removed them

Here is the happy gang right at the start.

Name:	IMG_20170624_130130.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	338340
    Here is the pig in all her cooked beauty:

Name:	IMG_20170624_182041-01.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	338341
    Here are two happy men delivering the fruits of their labour over the pit:

Name:	DSCF1153.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	338342
    Unfortunately we were consumed by sweet scent of pork heaven to document any photos of the various sandwiches.
    Attached Files

I approve of this message!!

Comment

Well done! Love the apple! Taste is king but appearance is Queen!!! Congrats!

Comment

That is some Pig!

Comment

That looks like you pulled it off to me.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Gorgeous!

Comment

That pit looks amazing, and the pig looks delicious!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here