Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont Pig Candy on the Weber and SNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vermont Pig Candy on the Weber and SNS

Got a Performer for Father's day and immediately ordered a Slow N Sear. So far I've done a reverse seared ribeye and was blown away with the results. Found baby backs on sale at HEB and picked up several racks and decided to try them on the kettle and SNS. Ribs have always been my nemesis so I perused the rib recipes here on Amazing ribs and the Vermont Pig Candy spoke to me. Pulled the membrane and dry brined them last night, first thing this morning I whipped up a batch of Memphis Dust rub and applied according to the recipe. Started Kingsford blue bag in the SNS with a few chunks of hickory and post oak. Once i got temps lined out and running 225-230 degrees I put the ribs and for one hour with smoke and around 20 more minutes without smoke. Pulled the ribs and foiled with apple juice and cooked them about 45 minutes, un-foiled, drained juices into a pot to make the finishing glaze. Put them back on for another hour and glazed them over the sear side of the SNS. These were far and away the best I've ever made, so it seems my run of less than stellar ribs has been broken. Full credit to Meathead for the outstanding recipe and Weber & SNS for the hardware. Only took a couple pics during the process, I'll try to do better moving forward.

Dropped a link of my homemade Boudin on the performer to snack on while the ribs were cooking.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BA7BDF36-8B0A-4835-B26A-0F0643C865BB.jpg Views:	1 Size:	230.7 KB ID:	337496Click image for larger version  Name:	8CBD9ABF-D22B-460E-9B3B-EE5154FA86BD.jpg Views:	1 Size:	404.9 KB ID:	337497

Awesome ... congrats!

Comment

Picture perfect finish. Looking good!

Comment

Lookin' very good.

Comment

Those ribs look beautiful.
          But that's a really fast cook for ribs. I have never done ribs low and slow that took less than 6hrs.
          From your post I can only assume you were very pleased with the results. How were they, moist and juicy, did they have a little tug or fall off the bone??

Comment

Originally posted by Steve B View Post
            Those ribs look beautiful.
            But that's a really fast cook for ribs. I have never done ribs low and slow that took less than 6hrs.
            From your post I can only assume you were very pleased with the results. How were they, moist and juicy, did they have a little tug or fall off the bone??
            They had a slight tug but were not tough at all. I was a bit concerned at the brevity the recipe indicated but was extremely pleased with the texture, juiciness and flavor of the ribs. The recipe called for an additional 1.5 hours cooking time for regular spares or St. Louis cut ribs. These were loin backs.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Great, I'm glad they came out that good. Nice job.

Beautiful

Comment

I hate to say it, but it was that picture of your Boudin sausage that really caught my interest! I mean,there's good looking ribs everywhere you look on this web site, but not so much of the sort of sausage. And oh yes, it does look great!

Mike S.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here