Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy chinese style pork ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy chinese style pork ribs

I was in a hurry so rather than prepare my favorite last meal rib recipe I took a shortcut: I rubbed the ribs down with a good amount of chinese 5 spice powder and hung them in my pit barrel cooker for 2 1/2 hours. I took them out, painted them with hoisin sauce (easily found in the asian food section of your local supermarket) and hung them back in the pit barrel cooker for another 30 minutes.
    I was amazed at the way this simple recipe turned out and my (usually) vegan son broke his diet because it smelled that good. In true vegan style he told me that he'd eat those ribs once a month if I cook them. Even my wife, usually lukewarm over ribs, had a second helping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pbc ribs2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	335650

Great job on that!!

Comment

Sounds like an unmitigated success, all around!
      Fine Job, that!!!

Comment

Nice! I will have to try that. Sounds interesting.

Comment

sounds yummy I will have to try it.

Comment

Our son is home and requested ribs - Hmmmmm.

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I will definitely have to try this in the near future!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Yummy! Did you dilute the hoisin with anything, or straight from the jar?

Comment

Looks great. Nice simple recipe too.

Comment

• bcostlow
                        bcostlow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Straight from the jar. Hoisin is too tasty to dilute :-)

Great cook! Did you use the red food coloring?

Comment

Thanks for the post! Keen to give them a go 👌

Comment

Oh yeah. I'm definitely doing this.

Comment

Are these "char siu" ribs?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here