Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomorrow's cook - 2 picnic hams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow's cook - 2 picnic hams

Tomorrow I am cooking what appears to be two picnic hams instead of my usual Boston Butte. I trimmed the skin off and have them dry brining...I assume from my previous readings that they cook pretty much the same as the Boston Butte...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0031.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	330495Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0303.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	330496

That's been my experience! Enjoy the cooking and eating!

Comment

I cook them all the time just like the Butt.

Comment

Yep... it's the same exact cook. Keep them at least 2" apart from each other and put a temperature probe in each one if you have that capability. If you have one cooking faster than the other you can rotate them to keep everything uniform. Happy BBQing, take pictures.

Comment

I would use the skin + attached fat to make cracklins. That's good eating.

Comment

Final results....pulled and vacuum sealed for delivery tomorrow

Name:	IMG_0305.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	316.8 KB
ID:	331276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0306.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	331277

Name:	IMG_0307.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	331278

Comment

Looks like ya' did a Fine Job, there, clb239 !!!
              What time should I expect delivery?

Comment

Nice! Glad you remembered the pictures. I forget too often.

Comment

WOW, that looks pretty darn good. how long was the cook?

Comment

Took around 12 hours maybe a little longer then I let them rest in the which I warmed up prior to putting them in there...

They came out really good. Probably best I have done so far.

I dry brined the day before then coated them in Memphis Dust and injected with Chr Lily's pork injection...I also spritz ed them with Apple juice periodically.

Comment

They look really good. Mine came out ok, but no pics.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here