Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorial Day Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day Ribs

Had an awesome little cookout with family and friends yesterday. Got the ribs salted and wrapped, dry rub mixed, and honey chipotle sauce made up the night before.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	326237Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	326238Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	326239

Despite previous struggles with my new offset smoker; this time I had TBS and a nice steady 225F with no problems.

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	326240Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	326241

I went 3 hours and then wrapped them in foil with some butter, honey and brown sugar for the next 2, and then a final hour unwrapped with a couple light brushings of sauce.

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	326242Click image for larger version

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	326243Click image for larger version

Name:	8.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	326244

The end result with a thick crispy bark and a bunch of clean bones for my FIL's dog.

Name:	9.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	326245

The cookout in general was a great success with tons of awesome food, and lots of kids playing.

Name:	99.JPG
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	326246
    Last edited by StealthChef; May 30, 2017, 01:42 PM.

Looks great!

Comment

Very Nice!
      Always glad to see another Oklahoma Joe's user!
      Looks like a wonderful cook, an' Family Day!

Comment

Great job. I know it takes a little time to get used to a new cooker especially if it's your first offset. You'll only get better as the cooks go by. Congrats.

Comment

BTW, was wonderin' what kinda git-fiddle contraption ya' got hangin' on the wall, in yer avatar? Looks like an' ol' Longhorn, iirc?
          I picks, a lil' bit...

Comment

• StealthChef
            StealthChef commented
            Editing a comment
            That would be my trusty old Ibanez Soundgear 5-string bass. It doesn't hang nearly as high on the wall in my new studio. People were knocking their heads on it. Worried it was gonna hurt my bass. XD

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Congrats on nailing the temps with the offset. Dare we say your already becoming a Pitmaster?

Comment

• StealthChef
              StealthChef commented
              Editing a comment
              After 8 years of my super-cheap coal-devouring chimney smoker, getting to know this offset is a labor of desperate love.

Nice job striping the lawn too for your kids and guests.

Comment

• StealthChef
              StealthChef commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd take credit for that but that's my next door neighbor's lawn. She pays some guys to come in and do it.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here