Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorial Day Weekend Pulled Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day Weekend Pulled Pork

Hope everyone's holiday weekend is going great! Spent my Saturday making what was so far my best pulled pork ever! Super excited about how it turned out.

Boston Butt, about 8.5Lbs, salted 15 hours prior, wrapped tight and then back into the refrigerator. Finished it up with Meatheads Memphis Dust as the Stick Burner was coming up to temperature.

Went on the Lang smoker with the fat side down (accidentally really as it was 6am and I was half asleep), then flipped it over after a couple of hours to put the fat on top. Held temperatures between 220-264, mostly around the 235-250 range. 90% Hickory, 5% Apple, 5% Oak. Pulled it off 12 1/2 hours later at 198 Degrees. I was going for 203, but I gave up after it held temperature at 198 for an hour. I did not wrap it, or spray it. By the time it was done, the fat on top was virtually gone and was so tender I could have broken it trying to take it off the smoker.

This one took a lot of effort for me to keep the temperature low, and I cooked for about 1/2 of the time with the fire box wide open. I need a chainsaw to make it easier for me to cut the logs smaller. Hand saw isn't cutting it!

I also had more white smoke than the usual blue/clear smoke that I try for. This was worrisome, but alas it came out great and was not over smoked. It was easily the most tender Butt I've ever made, and also with the best bark. Normally around here I end up with a Picnic vs. a Boston Butt. So glad I finally found a Boston Butt, way better and will be my go-to from now on.

Also made some of Meatheads jalapeño Poppers with bacon in the cheese. They came out great also and were a bit spicier than I've had in the past.

Also made my own Carolina Style Vinegar based BBQ sauce, though I didn't use much as the meat was perfect w/o it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo May 27, 6 25 26 PM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	762.1 KB ID:	324820Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo May 27, 6 45 05 PM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	764.1 KB ID:	324821Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo May 27, 6 31 06 PM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	667.9 KB ID:	324822Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo May 27, 6 27 55 PM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	643.2 KB ID:	324823Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo May 27, 6 29 23 PM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	966.6 KB ID:	324824Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo May 27, 6 46 22 PM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	792.2 KB ID:	324825Click image for larger version  Name:	Photo May 27, 7 13 49 PM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1,002.0 KB ID:	324826

Beautiful!

Comment

Looks Great, where did you get the Pepper Holder?

Comment

Looks like ya' done right good, Matey!!!

Comment

Gorgeous cook. Great bark on that piggie shoulder. Congrats!

Kathryn

Comment

Great job.

Comment

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!! That is amazing. Great color on that butt!!!!!!

Comment

Excellent Cook! Very good looking pulled pork.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here