Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Brisket?

Anyone ever cook a pork brisket? They are on sale at the local Fiesta fo $1.37. I think I am going to adventure into pork brisket. I have never heard of it, so any insights into the brisket or cooking it is appreciated. At this point I think i will cook it like a Boston Butt or Beef Brisket at 225.

Never heard of it, but I'd cook it same as you plan to. Post pictures when you can!

Comment

Come on, someone in the Pit must know something about pork brisket. Meathead where are you?

Comment

Just Googled it, essentially the same cut. It's below the Boston butt on the pig. Since butts and beef brisket are cooked similarly (albeit different lengths of time), I'd say your plan is good. Here's another recipe I spotted.

Comment

Also noticed that more than one recipe I saw called for rolling and tying. Not sure how thick your cut is, but rolling and tying is a great way to get an even cook when some parts are thinner than others.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here