Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temp Range for Pork Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp Range for Pork Tenderloin

Afternoon Everyone, I have a 4 LB tenderloin hanging out in the smoker, (mine is a Traeger big Tex) and I was wondering what your thoughts were on how long to cook it and at what temp to pull it off at? Haven't smoked one of these since last year and I'm not totally sure what temp it needs to be and when to pull it.

I don't think it can be a tenderloin if it weighs four pounds. As for best temp, someone who's done this should be along shortly.

Comment

Oops, my bad, its a Pork Loin roast, thanks for the correction.

Comment

I cooked a pork loin a few weeks ago. I pulled it off the smoker at 140 f internal temperature. Chef temp is listed at 135 f to 140 f. I went full medium for my Wife. And we were very happy with the result. Here is a link to the thread I started for that cook:
        https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...pork-loin-cook

Comment

Seems like 145°~ish is th' recommended minimum for rare...more like 160° for medium, per usda;
          Chef temps are lower, of course...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 16, 2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Check this out, too: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ast-on-the-pbc

Comment

Hi PJ, thanks for the link, that looked awesome, I hope mine looks and tastes as good as yours does. I like the idea of the reverse sear, however, my better half wanted me to try this peach-apricot glaze she found. I'll give it a go for her, I plan to put it on around the last 30 minutes of smoking. Although after looking at yours, I'm having 2nd thoughts about it.

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                PJBowmaster commented
                Editing a comment
                Your welcome! The next time I'll pull it at 135 f and do a longer sear on all sides. I would have liked a bit more crust and browning. But I think we nailed the doneness at 140 f internal temp.

sptrainnut, I think the Common Concensus Here Would Be, 325* - 350* F Until the Loin Reaches 155* - 165* F ! You Should be Able to Confirm This in the Recipe Section of www.amazingribs.com !
              🐣🐣 Happy Easter to You and Your's! 🐣🐣
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• PJBowmaster
                PJBowmaster commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not sure about that consensus Dan. USDA Minimum safe temp for Pork "Roast" is 145 f. It is listed as such on Meatheads Temp guide magnet. Chef Temp range is listed at 135 f to 145 f....

Thanks Mr. Bopnes and Mbmorgan for the link. Her's looked really tasty too. I noticed that she also used an injection and seared it at the end also. I'll have to try this on my next pork loin roast. Hopefully the winds will settle down here in El Paso enough that I'll be able to smoke more often.

Comment

Thanks Danjohnston949, I guess I better go and turn mine up, I've got it going at around 275 right now. I can see I have a lot to lear when it comes to different kinds of meats.
                Have a Happy Easter also and to everyone else on the list.

Comment

If we aren't trying to reach traditional "BBQ" temps, I am gonna weigh in and STRONGLY recommend 138--140°F for pork. Look for a bit of pink--don't cook 'til "white and dry". Pork is NOT the "other white meat". Go to 203-ish°F or stay around 140°F.

Comment

Thanks Willy and everyone, I ended up pulling it at around 145 to 150 and put it in a pan and let it set for a while, it was nice and juicy and had a great taste. My son especially liked it, he's not a big ham eater, he likes it, just doesn't eat a lot of it. I really appreciate everyone's help. Oh yes, I ended up not using the glaze, it had never been opened but I really didn't care for the smell of it, so I left it off and never looked back.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here