Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Four Porknography - Let's see your cooks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Four Porknography - Let's see your cooks!

Threw an 8lb Boston Butt on around 7:30 this morning. Beautiful day to spend outside with a bloody mary and the smell of apple and hickory smoke in the air. I regret putting these pictures on Facebook - now all my neighbors are coming over for breakfast bloody's! I'll faux cambro the butt if it powers through the stall quicker than I imagine, I'm not going to wrap it since I put it on plenty early (I hope).

Pretty vanilla cook this time - dry brined for 24 hours & threw on some Memphis Dust rub. I have a Food Saver vacuum sealer that I'm going to try using the jar lid attachment on to store the seasoning. The original Memphis Dust recipe makes a helluva lot of rub, so hopefully this increases the shelf life and keeps the herbs fresh.

What's everyone else got going on today?!
    Attached Files

I got some homemade (yesterday) smoke sausage going. I'll post pics after they bloom.

That CyberQ puts out a nice graph. My wireless goes in and out too much so I'll need an "island grapher" that I can just download after the cook.

Comment

We have stuff going on, so no long cooks. What software/app are you using with your CyberQ? I use PitPal, but don't get a graph.

Comment

Smoked an 8lb shoulder overnight 15 hours...pulled after 6 hours in the cambro - still at 147deg.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Smoker.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	298286 Click image for larger version  Name:	Smoker2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	299277
        Last edited by rmeugene; April 2, 2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

No finished pics of the meteorite, but it turned out great. Only got to the low 180s for internal temp at 12 hours on the smoker, but was still good.
          Attached Files

Comment

• PJBowmaster
            PJBowmaster commented
            Editing a comment
            Just curious....did you consider wrapping at any point during the stall? How was the bark?

From yesterday. Memphis dust St. Louis ribs, my best effort so far! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	389.1 KB
ID:	298879

Comment

• Butchman
            Butchman commented
            Editing a comment
            3 hours hanging in PBC then 1 hour wrapped in foil. Falling off the bone could have shortened wrap time by 30 minutes or so.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1026.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	298889 Baby Backs on the PBC. 3.25 hours no wrap finished with Sweet Baby Ray's

Comment

Final Four!! Ok, i don't even know who is playing...does that make me bad?

Brisket practice today.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2923.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	299505

Name:	IMG_2932.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	379.1 KB
ID:	299504

Comment

Slam-Dunk, PaulstheRibList !!!

Comment

Put this 9.5lb boston butt on the wsm 22.5 at 12am Sunday morning. Rubbed with MMD and smoked with hickory and apple. Ridiculously long cook at 17 hours, wsm held a steady 225-230 degrees. At the 14 hour mark (2pm Sunday) it was still at 174 and hadn't moved for the last couple hours and smoker dropped to 215 degrees. Pulled it from the wsm, put it on a roaster rack with a little water, covered it tightly with foil and popped it in the oven at 275 degrees. 3 hours later it hit 198 IT. Put it in a faux cambro for 2 hours then pulled it for dinner. Super juicy meat and some incredibly delicious bark but man what a looooong cook.

Name:	0402171647.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	299559Click image for larger version

Name:	0402171650.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	299560

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here