Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The stall hit me and I panicked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stall hit me and I panicked...

Hi guys,
    I've been smoking my very first pork butt today. I started it a bit late (and I knew I'd regret it), but figured I'd see how it goes anyway. It's a 6 lb butt on a Weber 22" with the SNS. All day long it was going strong in the cold between 225-240, but I hit the stall a few hours ago and finally decided I should just crutch it if I ever want to eat tonight.

But here's the thing - ever since I wrapped it up the temperature has actually FALLEN! I was sitting at 160 and it's gone down to 153 in the last 20 minutes (ambient temp holding steady at 250). Any idea what could be causing that? Any tips on what I can do to power through this stall??

Here's a pic below from before things went south... (4 hrs on the left, 6+ hours on the right)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CapitolHillBBQ; March 14, 2017, 07:40 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here