Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duroc ribs from Safeway done pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duroc ribs from Safeway done pics

Little late with posting these from a few days back, but was travelling.
    Here are the done pics of the Durocs we bought from Safeway. They were insanely well marbled. Not sure if you can see the juiciness from the pics, but these were really juicy ribs, with a strong, but smooth pork flavor (noticeably better than the commodity ribs we normally buy), but I thought the Kurobutas we did last month had a better flavor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lLIUIWwba8osP9gDKSyygzKnHzS6n8OjB4YQLQLlL4UpX92IB.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	287083

Beautiful!

Comment

Now my mouth is watering...

Comment

They do look delicious and I can see the juiciness. I'm craving ribs now.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Danjohnston949 I do have 4 grills and I will be smoking some soon. Two words...refrigerator space.

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          🎷🎺🎻🎤🎧. Play Another Sad Song Fuzzy then Order Another Fridge! Cookers and Fridges Need to Equal Out IMHOP!
          👍🍀😇🍀👍
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Danjohnston949 I agree. I recently bought an upright freezer for the garage. I should have bought a refrigerator/freezer.

Thanks! These tasted great, and were really juicy, but the one thing I'd add about the Durocs that I didn't care for, is the size. Like Kurobuta/Berkshire ribs, they're small ribs. Short, and not as meaty as some of the regular ribs I'll pick up at Costco or the grocery store.

Comment

BBQbot i started getting my ribs at Walmart. Also shorter but big thick meaty ribs! At first I thought it just found some bicker meatier ribs. After multiple visits and lots of rib cooks I can attest they serve up shorter/thicker/meatier ribs.

Just fyi.

Those pics look great. Yea, juiciness visible. Plenty. Also visible is the -4 wind chill that I am not doing battle with, no cooks this weekend. Ugh. I get cranky.

Comment

• BBQbot
            BBQbot commented
            Editing a comment
            I've never looked for ribs at Walmart, but if they have thick and meaty ribs, I'll take a look. Thanks!
            Wow, that's cold, we're 70 over here, so smoking up some salmon

Those look great!! The last Duroc ribs that I had were really meaty!. Very fun to work with.

Comment

• BBQbot
            BBQbot commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! I have to find these meaty Durocs. Half of the rack was really meaty, other half too thin. They still tasted good, but I like the meat on my bones.

Berkshire/kurobuta have probably the best flavor. But small ribs. I suspect smaller butts. Duroc, good flavor, nice marbling. Great for butts.

nice cook.

Comment

Yeah, I'll have to find some Duroc butts. Had a Kurobuta butt back in November, really small money muscle, but flavor was outstanding.
            Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here