Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork butt try #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork butt try #3

Well here we go with pork butt try #3. The first was a horrible fail. #2 not so bad, so I have high hopes for #3. We put her on at 1:00 am and I am much more prepared and expect decadent results. I will keep you updated. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	274372

Lookin' Perfect from here, so far!!! Best of luck!!! Third time is the charm!

Comment

Keep her low and slow and that should be a fine butt. Hold her for an hour or two once it reaches probe tender and you should be happy.

Comment

Good luck Akabiz . Looking forward to the end results.

Comment

Hoping to hear about and see some beautiful and tasty pulled pork later today!

Comment

Nothing like getting up in the middle of the night to do a long cook. Neighbors thinking you are nuts but standing there staring and drooling when they wake up smelling that glorified scent of pork and wood. I would say good luck but but it just takes you am sure you will nail it. Keep us posted with some scratch and sniff photos

Comment

Lookin' good - keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by customtrim View Post
                Nothing like getting up in the middle of the night to do a long cook. Neighbors thinking you are nuts but standing there staring and drooling when they wake up smelling that glorified scent of pork and wood...
                100% true!

Comment

Originally posted by customtrim View Post
                  Nothing like getting up in the middle of the night to do a long cook. Neighbors thinking you are nuts but standing there staring and drooling when they wake up smelling that glorified scent of pork and wood. I would say good luck but but it just takes you am sure you will nail it. Keep us posted with some scratch and sniff photos
                  This x100, our neighbors 12 year old said after seeing my out in the 14 degree smoking a pork butt, told his dad we need to better friends so they can come over more !!!

Comment

• customtrim
                    customtrim commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love it nothing like some good cooking to make friends

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Smart kid. Maybe the future is bright!

Well the third time was the charm. It came out perfect!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0109.JPG Views:	1 Size:	6.20 MB ID:	274739
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0110.JPG Views:	1 Size:	5.63 MB ID:	274741
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image_33419.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	436.1 KB
ID:	274740

Comment

• scottranda
                    scottranda commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes! Perfect!

Looks really great as they say third time is the charm!

Comment

YUM!!!

I need to do another pork butt...my first one was good but there is always room for improvement....

Comment

Did you really have any doubt. Nice job

Comment

Congrats! It does look perfect and since it's time for my dinner I wish you were my neighbor

Comment

• Akabiz
                          Akabiz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My neighbors looked at me like I was crazy when I first got my smoker. It is a Horizon 20" offset, so a little bigger than what they are used to seeing. They don't think I am crazy anymore when I fire that baby up. They just stand at the fence with their plates and their mouths watering.

• Akabiz
                          Akabiz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I use mostly sticks when I cook but use charcoal and chunks on longer cooks for convenience. So when I get it right I love to share with my neighbors.

• fuzzydaddy
                          fuzzydaddy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Akabiz that is great to hear! I too love to share with neighbors. I recently moved so my neighbors are just beginning to smell my cooks and get interested in what's going on.

CONGRATULATIONS!

nice job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here