Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cook on my new Grilla Silverbac from a NC newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cook on my new Grilla Silverbac from a NC newbie

Sorry for the late post but had trouble getting the pic thing to work so this is my first Post with pictures.
    Got the Silverbac and stored in garage until I could get my neighbor over to help me set the smoker on the stand.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170110_183142_resized.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	264271

got the smoker put together with a little help and waited for the weather to clear some.

Name:	20170111_162923_resized-1.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	264272

Did my first cook Saturday on the new Grilla Razorbac pellet smoker. Did a 7 pound pork butt. Dry brined for 24 hours.

Name:	20170113_093907_resized.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	264273

Applied some MMD the night berore and added more just before putting on the smoker at 5 am.

Name:	20170114_040505_resized.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	264274

Had to put up portable shelter due to some random sprinkles. Temp mild 50's and cloudy.

Name:	20170114_154259_resized.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	264275

Hit 203 degree probe temp at 5 pm. Had a couple more pics throughout the cook but this is last one at pull.

Name:	20170114_173831_resized.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	264276

Pulled from smoker, pulled bone out clean.

Name:	20170114_174130_resized.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	264277
    Shredded and it was way moist.
    While I was waiting for pork to cook I made some good slaw and doctored up some beans
    was eating a nice meal before 6pm.

Name:	20170114_175010_resized-1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	264278
    and even managed some caramel pecan chocolate chip cookies.

Name:	20170114_171236_resized-1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	264279
    most of the cookies never made it to the meal.

All this was Due in thanks to all the information, suggestions and recipes gained from the Pit Masters. Thanks for everything that made this first smoke a tasty success. Special thanks to Pit Boss for encouragement and advice.
    Really good meal. Thanks again from a NC newbie

Fine Job, Congrats on a highly successful first cook on a new smoker!!!

Ya' Done Good, IMO....

BTW: Don' throw away that bone; yer gonna want it in yer next pot o' beans....--->>>ziploc,--->>> freezer) ;-)

Save some butt fer th' beans, too, if'n yer so inclined...<hint>( ¡ I would...! )</hint>

Jus' sayin'

Y' kin thank me, later!

Make dang certain, roun' about when ya start soakin' th' beans, that ya got th' 'makins' fer some cornbread, as well...

Goin' back t' my banjo, leastwise fer a while...

Comment

• Richard P
      Richard P commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and the bone went to the Lab next door. He kept the other neighbors away from the smoker while it was doing it's thing. Waited for his share. Will keep in mind for the next cook.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard P Fair Trade, then!!!

Please, give th' dog a kiss on th' muzzle, from me, fer bein' such a Good Boy!!!

Couldnt focus on the food, was loving that mini in the background. What year? I have a 62 cadillac Sedan De Ville, maybe we could throw the mini in the trunk or on the roof? My pup Charlie can drive us and we can sip some cocktails on the road trip!

Food looks great! Keep us posted on your BBQ journey

Paul

Name:	IMG_6737.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	264290Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6654.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	264291

Comment

• Richard P
      Richard P commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and nice 62 Cat. The Mini is a 62 with fender flares added.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh hell yeah!!! 20 feet of sweeping grace!!

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep! and about 6 MPG, but a smooth ride Spinaker

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Great way to break in the new smoker! Also love the Mini! My mother had a Mini estate car when we lived in England. I drive a Mini Countryman All 4.

Comment

• Richard P
        Richard P commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. At one time I had a New Model Turbo mini and this one in the garage. I also drove a couple when I was stationed in Wales.

Nice Cooker, Good Cook and Fantastic CAR!

Comment

• Richard P
        Richard P commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

Nice looking pork!! What's in the liquid in the bowl?

Comment

• Richard P
        Richard P commented
        Editing a comment
        Butt was wrapped in plastic when I picked it up and I just cut plastic, trimmed some of the fat cap and picked it up and placed in bowel. Then because it was damp, I just put the salt on the butt so it would stick and placed in fridge just as seen

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        The last 2 butts that I cooked on my Silverback were injected and seasoned then vacuum packed and frozen, they went from freezer to grill without thawing and it worked out fantastic with a killer smoke ring. If you are going to do a butt try this method, just add about 3 hours cooking time at 225.

Welcome to the Pit! It looks like you have the hang of that grill.

Comment

• Richard P
        Richard P commented
        Editing a comment
        Just followed what I have read on site and all recipe came from pit. Well except for the cookies. LOL

Nice looking cook, I did a pork butt on my Silverback just after I got it and it too turned out great. Did you get the BBQ Delite pellets from Gilla to use on your grill or did you use something else.
      Last edited by vandy; January 18, 2017, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Richard P
        Richard P commented
        Editing a comment
        Cooking pellets perfect blend

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been wanting to get some of those to try also, next time I need pellets I think I will give them a try.

• Richard P
        Richard P commented
        Editing a comment
        Amazon prime free shipping.

Awesome! Your pork butt looked much better than my first attempt!

If you want to try pulled beef for your next cook, try a chuck roast (aka chuckie)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here