Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 Minute Ribs Dreamland Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 Minute Ribs Dreamland Style

Looking at MH's book and came across 60 Minute Ribs Dreamland Style. Hi heat cooking over coals and embers for 1-2 hours.

I sometimes want to make ribs during the week but is no time for a long smoke. This method seems perfect.

Has anyone tried this? What were the results? Any pointers? What temperature for the grill? I have a WSM 18.5 to do this.

I am very curious before I try.

I'm glad you asked this question, troymeister , because I've been wanting to try that recipe as well. I even have a couple of jars of Dreamland BBQ sauce. Seems like a PBC would be the perfect thing for this hot-n-fast rib technique.

Kathryn

Comment

• troymeister
      troymeister commented
      Editing a comment
      fzxdoc I was thinking I wish I had a PBC to try this but I am sure the WSM will suffice. Only way for me to get one is if I sacrifice another..lol

I am hoping someone else has already gone through the trial and error process and is willing to share their experience. If not I will try tomorrow.

I have done the Rendezvous version on my Big Green Egg which is similar to Dreamland in how they are cooked. They are good, but different. Grilled ribs don't have the same smoke taste and they are more chewy that traditional low and slow.

Comment

For what it is worth, in his interview with Meathhead, Clint mentioned that eating at the Rendezvous he has never had what he would call a really good rack of ribs.

I just think it is just due to a much different texture as LA Pork Butt mentioned above, than what we are used to.

Comment

I've done the Rendezvous recipe and really liked the results. As LA Pork Butt said, they're different, a little chewy but definitely good eats. Dreamland does ribs really well, I've eaten there a number of times.

Comment

I haven't done them that quickly, but I have done baby backs in under 3 hours by cranking the heat up a bit. Every rack is different and every grill is different in how it holds the temps. My pellet smoker makes it easy, but fluxuates a bit. I am thinking 2.5 hours for baby backs, and I can't remember what temp I did those at... it may even have been as high as 350. Might have to experiment again and see!? They turned out great, though!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here