Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oven ribs came out pretty good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oven ribs came out pretty good!

At least we think so!

Some ribs had just too much loin meat, like I've complained about before. And these were "center cut", so some tips are included. (I think "center cut" is shorthand for "creative butchering".) And, for all the liquid smoke, smoky rub, and smoky sauce, they weren't really all that smoky. But they were pretty good.

I used some Christmas presents, the rub and the sauce. The rub is sugary and paprika-y, and smoky. The sauce is heavy on the molasses and smoke. The sides are Brussels sprouts with maple and bacon, and rice with other stuff in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0660.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	261295Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	261296

They look good to me.

Comment

Lookin' good to me too.

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

What were the temps and time you cooked?

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            4 cups of Brussels sprouts, 4 strips of cooked bacon, about 1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup. Sautee the sprouts in butter over med-high, add the bacon, when everything is brownish add the syrup and let it thicken. It was excellent.

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            Brown rice, simmered with onions and broccoli and butter, salt, pepper. When it's done, fry it in peanut oil with an egg and some pork bits.

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Looks very good to me!!

Comment

Very good looking Meal.

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice tight shot so I didn't have to clean the stove before eating.

Awesome looking ... everything!

Comment

So does this mean you are going to retire your kamado?

Comment

• Mosca
                Mosca commented
                Editing a comment
                Aw heck, I'm getting old faster than a lot of other 62ers. Freakin' back is killing me, knees hurt, shoulders, feet, neck, everything. I can't do it like I used to. I can't wait for the nice weather when I can do all the prep outside in the sun, then walk it over. This cold is too much for me.

Looks yummy!

Comment

Mosca, Tom You can pass me a Plate of Those Ribs!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Mosca Great lookin' food, nice job!!! Got me droolin' here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here