Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honey BBQ glaze for pork recommendations? - Meat Church rubs question kicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey BBQ glaze for pork recommendations? - Meat Church rubs question kicker

I've got a couple of 2" thick pork chops brining with Meat Church's Honey Hog BBQ Rub for the past few hours. Gonna reverse sear them tonight on the WSCG. Once I sear them I'd like to add a honey barbecue glaze.

Anyone know a good, simple recipe? It's a school night so not a lot of time to tinker around. Needs to be quick to make. Thanks in advance.

Also, I got ALL 8 of their rubs for Christmas (yes I was a good boy). Anyone got any good recommendations as to what these rubs are best on? The company's website is lacking.

You could modify my maple-sherry vinegar pork glaze to be 1:1 honey:sherry vinegar + optional dash or two of tabasco.

But the maple sherry vinegar is just fantastic as it is.

Comment

You'll love that Honey Hog. Its great stuff!! I use Huskee's method. handfuls of brown sugar on the ribs when you put them in.

Deez Nuts is my favorite for ribs. Its unreal good!! I didn't really care for the Holy Cow rub. Too peppery. The Honey Hot is very good on shoulders. Its not very hot though. Its good for those that like a little bit of kick. The Honey Bacon rub is excellent too on ribs and shoulders. I also like it on Chicken. I haven't tried the fajita one yet.

Comment

Add vinegar slowly to a blob of honey until you have your desired consistency, and then add your favorite hot sauce. I am a big fan of this with sriracha.

If you don't want heat, add fresh garlic sparingly and you have a honey garlic glaze.

The other one is adding soy sauce, grated ginger, sesame oil and vinegar to another blob of honey.

Comment

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          I forgot to mention you can add some fruit jam to honey and vinegar for a different flavor. I like strawberry jam, and if you can find it, sour cherry jam from the Middle East is dynamite.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here