Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crockpot Pulled Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crockpot Pulled Pork

I needed to take something to work for a Potluck but didn't really have time to fire up the smoker so I decided to do some pulled pork in the crockpot, which I had never done before.

So I started trimming it at about 8:45 last night, forgot to salt it, put some mustard and Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub on it, put some liquid in the pot, and had it in the cooker on low by 9:30.

Woke up up this morning at 5:30 and the bone pulled cleanly. So I took it out and pulled it and gosh darn it, it just didn't taste great, I don't know what it was, so I did something I normally don't do, I sauced it.

Lesson learned: Blues Hog is like White Out. It just fixes things. Suddenly I want to eat it by the forkful. My wife went from, "Yeah, not your best." To, "You're not going to take all this to work are you?"

I'd never heard of Blues Hog until this site. Now I'm addicted to it. Once again, what I've learned here saves the day. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2222.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	245803

I make as much slow-cooker pulled pork as I do bbq'd!

There are lots of instructions all over the 'net. I compiled what I thought were the best parts of all of them. I use a rub, I sear the roast to create a crust, and I use chicken broth as a liquid, and I use about 1/2 a bottle of liquid smoke. I always lightly sauce my slow cooker pulled pork.

Comment

Here's a tip: Make your crock pot pulled pork. Place a pie pan or 3 of it, plenty moist, in your smoker/grill with some wood smoke, low temp, for 30-60 minutes or longer if you can spare it, stir it a time or two...you know, all this while the fries are cooking or something. It comes out nearly as good as if you'd smoked it the whole way for next to no effort.

Comment

Thanks for the tips gentlemen. It was a huge hit so I'm sure I will be asked to do it again. I will probably try both things. Mosca Huskee

Comment

Sounds very good Obi-Dan . Hats off to you and good food cooked all sorts of ways!

Comment

At least you didn't call it BBQ.... thank goodness ...

Seriously though... How about that Blues Hog... great stuff!!!! my life loves a mix of the original with the Tennessee Red

Comment

• Obi-Dan
              Obi-Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              Blues Hog has been eye opening. When I read about it here I ordered a jar and wanted to just start drinking it.

I have a jar of the Tennessee Red but not tried it yet. I will try doing the mixture with some when I open it.

My granddaughter does a really good braised pulled pork and it also relies upon some BBQ sauce.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here