Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TMB - A friendsgiving without turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TMB - A friendsgiving without turkey

Whelp its 2am. Just got home from a.... good time.... and still have to be ready to throw on the pork butt. May have had TMB (i hope it doesnt mean failure) but im ready to make this friendsgiving a hit tomorrow. Have both the grownup mustard sauce and sweet KC sauce in the fridge from earlier and im throwin on the 11 pound pork butt right now at 225. Excited for how it comes out. will post some pictures soon. Again thanks for all your help earlier in the week
    Attached Files

I'm approaching TMB myself with my overnight brisket smoke on a weber kettle. It's good to know someone else is suffering besides me.

Comment

here is me making myself look bad... but im electric smokin. Soon to change my ways but we are all looking for the same outcome. But dont worry. even though im electric i cant stop worrying and lookin at my temps every 5 minutes. hope the brisket turns out well!

Comment

No worries, BeerNBBQ , 'bout th' electric thing. I still use an ol' Brinkmann electric bullet, when I want/need to. Still makes great food, jus' like th' first time.

Good luck with yer cook! Please, keep us posted...

Comment

• BeerNBBQ
          BeerNBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          We all start somewhere. Glad i found a group of people that understands that. Will post pics soon. Im guessing (rough estimate) 10 hours from now.
          Last edited by BeerNBBQ; November 27, 2016, 03:28 AM.

it's 0420. Feel any better?

Lookin' forward to cook pics, what did you rub with? Def looks like a brown sugar finish, on top. Yummy!!!
        I've got a butt goin', as well.

Comment

Good Morning!Woke up and we are sittin at 176 so not too much to go!I tried to do it as the website says so thats the memphis dust rub with a mustard base to help it stick.

Comment

TMB?? What is this?

Comment

• edible hen
              edible hen commented
              Editing a comment
              Too much beer maybe?

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              The antithesis of NEB, Not Enough Beer. ;-)

Stuck at 185. it actuallly went DOWN 2 degrees in the past hour. Cranked up the heat for a little while so we willl see how that goes. Thinking of taking it out, wrapping it and putting it in the cooler. 4 hours til dinner
            Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here