Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need your opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need your opinion please

I just need your opinion about baby back ribs i just bought,do you think that there's to much fat on them,i already trim a lot of the fat,im just not sure if its still to fatty...i dont really know what the perfect ribs look like. Thanks! Click image for larger version

Name:	1478020308929-99557269.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	235708

Those look great!! I trim mine a little to get the major fat off, but absolutely don't worry about the other fat. You did well!

Comment

• GutscranK
      GutscranK commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok nice! Thank you

Looks like it's cookin' time to me!

Comment

Nah, they're ready to go!

Comment

Those look fantastic. I would be very happy with this buy. And look at all that inter-muscular fat!! Dude, your in for a tasty meal. Keep an eye on them, more inter muscular fat means faster cook time. Same with Wagyu steaks.

Comment

• GutscranK
          GutscranK commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok i keep that in note! Thx man! Quick question,how do i know if i overcooked my ribs?

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Well contrary to popular belief, They will fall off the bone. But just do the bend test. If they are cracking on the surface when you pick them up with a pair of tongs, then they are done.

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with Spinaker. Melt the fat and let the meat just fall off the bone. If you have any rib meat leftover make stuffed green peppers. Did that once and they were wonderful.

If you crutch them then use the juices for some of the best fried rice you've ever had.

Comment

• GutscranK
          GutscranK commented
          Editing a comment
          What a great idea sir! Do you put water or apple juice or anythings else when you crutch?

I use most of one of those apple juice boxes for kids per rack. I can buy a 6 pack of those and store them in the pantry until needed. Just steam up some rice and sauté it in the juices. The trick is to find the sweet spot on how much to use. You can add whatever fried rice ingredients you want to it as well.

Comment

I know- you are showing off the "before" picture. I wish I could buy ribs around here that looked like that. I hope you post the "after picture, too!

Comment

• GutscranK
            GutscranK commented
            Editing a comment
            I will, its almost ready!

Fat tastes good!

Comment

They look perfect. Do the bend test like Spinaker said and watch for the meat to start to shrink away from the bones on the sides. When you see exposed bone and they crack when you pick them up you're good to go. Enjoy!

Comment

This is a good forum to ask this question - I like ribs two different styles. With St. Louis ribs I like the comp style texture. My family is split down the middle. My daughter and I like them the same way but my son and my wife like them falling off the bone. With baby back ribs I like them to fall off the bone. To accomplish this I simply leave them wrapped a bit longer on the smoker before finishing. I also like baby backs a bit more "glazed". Do others have different feelings about the texture and flavor/finishing profiles?

Comment

Here's the final result,honestly the best ribs i've ever had in my life!

Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                  fuzzydaddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gorgeous ribs! Well done!

• Chas Martel
                  Chas Martel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please share how you cooked these.

• Atalanta
                  Atalanta commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's too much meat on the bones in the last picture.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here