Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Bomb - first cook on the mini Weber Smokey Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Bomb - first cook on the mini Weber Smokey Joe

Well took a few weeks but the new little mini is ready for the maiden cook.

Finished and waiting to cook
    Decided to do a pork bomb(fattie) as I had all of the fresh produce and meat waiting to go. Started off with a bacon weave. The bacon is from a local organic farmer / butcher. It is a nice thick cut (1/8 inch) chipotle - cranberry flavored variety. It is a proper meal in its own right. So off we go with a pound of pure pork goodness.

Next, a Berkshire pork loin from the same butcher, 1 pound, fileted and pound to 1/4 and seasoned with my homemade rub.

Finished up to build with spicy Italian sausage from, you guessed it, same local butcher, pepper jack cheese, fresh rosemary, time, garlic, pepper jack cheese, fresh picked organic green onions and fresh picked peppers. Ready to roll.

All nicely rolled and ready for the cook

Out cookin on the little guy

Even in the breeze and 40° weather, holding nicely at 290. The maverick keeping watch

While waiting, have to have the good stuff to set the mood. Jim beam special editions brought home from my trip to Bourbon County, KY in August. Smooth as glass A very important part of a good cook.

Ok, 90 minutes, finished product, 15 minute rest

Sliced and ready to ingest

It is so damn good! I think I am in pork heaven. Total success on the new little cooker. Will be doing more tomorrow. Probably ribs

Holy crap... that is AWESOME!

Comment

Wow! FIRST CLASS food and drink. Can it get any better?

Comment

BIG thumbs up on the mini!

Comment

Damn that looks good. I may have to try one of those.

Comment

That's a great looking cook right there, well done.

Comment

Dang I can smell that bacon from here...nice job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here