Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a hard day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a hard day

So here is a great "after a hard day" recipe that we always enjoy. Pick up a twin pack of whole pork tenderloins from the grocery. The weight will be about 2.5 lbs.. Dry brine for an hour with about 3 tsp. of kosher salt spread over both tenderloins. In the meantime grab a couple of cold ones and head out to the charcoal grill - I use a Weber 22" Kettle. Light a chimney of Kingsford BB. Watch as the smoke carries your troubles of the day away. After an hour rub the pork with 2 to 3 tbsp. of Meathead's Memphis Dust spread over both tenderloins. Empty the charcoal in the grill for two zone cooking. Toss a handful of smoking chips on the coals. Put the meat on the indirect side with the broad ends of the tenderloin towards the coals. After 15 minutes throw another handful of chips on the coals and turn the meat. When you have hit 165 degrees in the thickest part of the meat take it off and cover with foil for 10 minutes. Here is a picture just after I turned them. Hope you enjoy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0385.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	227037

Nice!!

Comment

They look very good to me.

Comment

I should know better than read posts like this before lunch.

Comment

Costco sells a twin pack of pork tenderloins. Oh baby..

In each pack are two tenderloins. I rub each and tie together. So nice, and like you say perfect for a week night grill.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	113.JPG Views:	1 Size:	3.68 MB ID:	227357

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here