Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Tale of Two Racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Tale of Two Racks

Hi, and Thanks to AR for making this possible.

Both racks of ribs ( pork loin backs - not baby backs ) were cooked on the Weber 22.5 / SnS combo. The rack on the left was done this past Sunday; the other back in April. Both cook's ran 230's into 240's peak and cook duration was between 5 1/2 - 6 hours.

Here's the difference:

The rack on the left was cooked upright in the Cave Tools Rib Rack; the rack on the right was laid flat. About 2 1/2 - 3 hours in I went to turn the Rib Rack Ribs, and saw they had already pulled about 1/2" on the bone - Hard to Believe - but true!

Now for the confession. Some newb started a little late and as always, it took way longer than anticipated. Fortunately, a pot of chili had been cookin' away all day so I got away with poor planning.

Soooooo, my beautiful ribs sat in the fridge for almost 24 hours. I posed the photo on the left right after I took them out of the fridge, which is why you don't see a ton of juiciness like the photo on the right. (Yeah, mother'in good cold, too)

Followed MH's instructions to a T for reheating - best @#@$! ribs we've ever eaten!

Highly recommend adding a Rib Rack to your arsenal - another game changing tool. -- Ed

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ribs_Compared_091516.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	221240

Beautiful!

Comment

• Medusa
      Medusa commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Sir!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here